Chris Chambers.....Superstar?

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
25,552
Reaction score
5
Age
53
Location
your six
I don't really know what to make of this article. It makes me a little uneasy. I get the feeling we are either going to be paying this guy a tremendous amount of money one day or he'll be moving on to a city where an athlete can get all the exposure he wants.
You know where that means? If you don't, ask Joey Harrington.

Livin Large
 

Blitz

The Big Zonk
Joined
Feb 24, 2002
Messages
8,208
Reaction score
6
If he puts up a 1500 yard season, you're damn right he's going to demand top money. If a player's a top player, you pay him top money. It's as simple as that. Anyway, he's under contract for, what is it, three or four more years? We'll see how everything turns out.

Don't want to sound like a party pooper, but he might blow out his knees or something this year and never develop into any more than Yatil Green did. Who knows what the future holds.
 

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
4,165
Reaction score
28
Location
Anchorage, AK
Great Article

This is a great article from someone who has handled the pressure quite well. We should be so lucky to have him. NOT to compare stats or attitude., but Randy Moss didn't get SH*T money for his first contract his first 4 years. If Chris should blossom like we all hope he does, he should get the money he deserves. I have a great feeling that in years to come that the offense will be more powerful than the defense. This I mean 3-4years down the road, not this season or next, but eventually. Hopefully we can put it all together this year, and repeat again. It is so hard in the NFL to become a Dyanasty like the Bulls or Lakers in Basketball, or the Yankees in Baseball. A SuperBowl would be great, but a repeat Super Bowl would be amazing in this time in the NFL. I hope Chris Chambers is the "SHIZNIT" and lights up the world.
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
after 2002, we can talk l/t about CC, Jr's money
 

Dajesus

Starter
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Messages
4,542
Reaction score
739
Age
42
Location
Albany, NY
I hope the best for CC since he added alot of ecitement to this season, but I wouldn't count my chickens as the saying goes. I would love to be Mr. Positive but I guess that isn't my nature. He looked great last year, but had problems with consistency, and he didn't show that he could take games over like a Moss, Rice, or the elder CC can. Not saying he will never do this but hasn't shown it yet. I also don't like the history of Miami WRs. There hasn't been a Miami WR that has put 2 great seasons together back to back since Clayton so many years ago. I also can't look past the Troy Stradford sindrome. For thoose that have forgotten he won the ROY but was never heard from again. Am I saying these things have anything to do with CC? No, but they are in the back of my head untill he proves me wrong, and boy do I hope he proves me wrong.
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
on the positive side for CC:
  • he did not start last year
  • Chan just ran him deep almost every play so hopefully he run mo routes
  • RW should open up the play action pass and then he will behind the Ss before they know what hit em
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Which means we need to work out an extension before 2003 starts to avoid letting him reach FA.
hey that what I said "after 2002, we can talk l/t about CC, Jr's money" ;) :cool:
 

Miamian

Hall Of Famer
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
6,838
Reaction score
0
Location
Jerusalem
Originally posted by Dajesus
I hope the best for CC since he added alot of ecitement to this season, but I wouldn't count my chickens as the saying goes. I would love to be Mr. Positive but I guess that isn't my nature. He looked great last year, but had problems with consistency, and he didn't show that he could take games over like a Moss, Rice, or the elder CC can. Not saying he will never do this but hasn't shown it yet. I also don't like the history of Miami WRs. There hasn't been a Miami WR that has put 2 great seasons together back to back since Clayton so many years ago. I also can't look past the Troy Stradford sindrome. For thoose that have forgotten he won the ROY but was never heard from again. Am I saying these things have anything to do with CC? No, but they are in the back of my head untill he proves me wrong, and boy do I hope he proves me wrong.
You're crazy if you think that CC was inconsistent last year. He caught just about everything that Fielder threw him.:yell:
 

Capt. Dick

Deep Sea Wanderer
Joined
Feb 23, 2002
Messages
2,383
Reaction score
0
Location
Akron zoo
Originally posted by Miamian

You're crazy if you think that CC was inconsistent last year. He caught just about everything that Fielder threw him.:yell:

That`s true.........the only thing I saw that CC had to learn, was how to fight the defender for the ball.
 

Dajesus

Starter
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Messages
4,542
Reaction score
739
Age
42
Location
Albany, NY
Crayzy or watched every games at least 3 times(besides the 49er and Jet game)? Ill tell you this he dropped more passes than Mcknight last season, they just weren't returned for tds or ints. I wasn't just talking about dropped passes, i was mainly speaking of good route running and getting open. I know it was his rookie season, and he was leaps and bounds ahead of most rookies wrs. My point is he is not at superstar level yet. I think he will get there, but still has many parts of his game to improve.
 

Miamian

Hall Of Famer
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
6,838
Reaction score
0
Location
Jerusalem
Originally posted by Dajesus
Crayzy or watched every games at least 3 times(besides the 49er and Jet game)? Ill tell you this he dropped more passes than Mcknight last season, they just weren't returned for tds or ints. I wasn't just talking about dropped passes, i was mainly speaking of good route running and getting open. I know it was his rookie season, and he was leaps and bounds ahead of most rookies wrs. My point is he is not at superstar level yet. I think he will get there, but still has many parts of his game to improve.
I really don't remember him dropping many balls. It would be nice to check the stats, but dropped balls aren't published. Maybe this is a question we can put to the radio talk shows.
 

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
25,552
Reaction score
5
Age
53
Location
your six
Originally posted by Dajesus
Crayzy or watched every games at least 3 times(besides the 49er and Jet game)? Ill tell you this he dropped more passes than Mcknight last season, they just weren't returned for tds or ints. I wasn't just talking about dropped passes, i was mainly speaking of good route running and getting open. I know it was his rookie season, and he was leaps and bounds ahead of most rookies wrs. My point is he is not at superstar level yet. I think he will get there, but still has many parts of his game to improve.
I agree with you, while Chambers had an incredible rookie season, he completely disappeared in some games. He still has work to do to get to the MJ realm of on and off field fortune. That's obviously where he thinks he is heading but the quickest way to derail those plans is to become distracted by off field dealings. I think he would be wise to keep his plans ,no matter how grand, under wraps until he's got a little more solid playing platform on which to advertise.
Here's something else to think about, if a little bit of fame goes a little bit to his head, what is alot of fame going to do?

Deon II?
 
Top Bottom