Chris Chambers.....Superstar? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Chambers.....Superstar?

JT got distracted a couple yrs ago with self promotion and had an off year. Hopefully that won`t happen to CC. We certainly need him to be fully focused this year if we are to realize our goal...........SB!!

Deon II???!!!

Originally posted by inFINSible

Here's something else to think about, if a little bit of fame goes a little bit to his head, what is alot of fame going to do?

Deon II?

I'm not a huge fan of Deon but if he can be his equal in talent, then I will certainly take the persona. We should be so lucky to have Deon II, the guy seriously helped two different teams win Super Bowls.

It's the "gun for hire" persona that i have a problem with. No loyalty, just "what can I get next."
I seriously hope I am completely wrong and he can be classy Dolphin player throughout his career, but if a good looking guy like JT hasn't been able to parlay his success into a ton of endorsement deals living in Miami, then what makes one think it could be different for Chambers? It's only a matter of time before he realizes that he is going to have to be in a bigger media market to fully reach his endorsement/acting potential( you know the acting part is coming, with increased success).

I think Chambers will stay in Miami and get endorsments. I think that the fan base in Miami has slumped because of its lack of offensive firepower, and Chambers is that exciting WR that can put fans in seats. If he can do that, then local companies might come to him.

I agree with you, while Chambers had an incredible rookie season, he completely disappeared in some games. He still has work to do to get to the MJ realm of on and off field fortune. That's obviously where he thinks he is heading but the quickest way to derail those plans is to become distracted by off field dealings. I think he would be wise to keep his plans ,no matter how grand, under wraps until he's got a little more solid playing platform on which to advertise.
Here's something else to think about, if a little bit of fame goes a little bit to his head, what is alot of fame going to do?

Deon II?

Why are so many people assuming that just because Chambers enjoys a little bit of success, that he'll automaticly become Randy Moss or Sanders?

I don't think I'm assuming that he will follow either of those routes, but I am saying that IF he does, this will have been the first warning sign.
Before reading this article I had no idea that CC was anything like this, it just made me a little nervous.

I don't think I'm assuming that he will follow either of those routes, but I am saying that IF he does, this will have been the first warning sign.
Before reading this article I had no idea that CC was anything like this, it just made me a little nervous.

I read the article twice, and I didn't see Chambers say or do anything negative. I think he wants to become a star WR through great on the field performance.

I also believe he'll be more vocal, but in a good way. The way Zach Thomas was after the Jets loss. He even said that his voice would be used in a helpful way.
Ain't nothing crazy, not quote-man of the year or anything. But I'm going to be more vocal. Definitely. I know it's going to help.''

I doubt Chambers will become a Randy Moss like player, b/c his teammates are speaking highly of him and he took some blame for Fiedler's INTs.
Ask teammates about him, and they speak of modesty and diligence.

Finally I think we should not be worrying too much about Chambers attitude b/c Dave Wannstedt is not worried and we should trust Wannstedt's judgement.

``If he feels the desire to become more of a leader, that would be fantastic.''

I got the same vibe Booyeah...

The guy was looking to take some heat of his team mates by getting some of the limelight (particularly Jay and RW). This speaks of a team player. I don't see him being derailed by the fame, he just wants to live up to our expectations for him after an outstanding rookie year. May he be right! Please.:D

Go Phins!!

A Couple of Points:

A. Chris Chambers IS NOT Randy Moss! Randy Moss is now and always has been a punk. Guys do not transform into jerks overnight, and if they are going to become jerks they will show it ahead of time. Chambers has always been known as a quiet player who leaves it on the field. If he wants to increase his profile so he can take advantage of some of the endorsement opportunities out there, more power to him! I'd be doing the same thing and so would most of you.

B. There was nothing in that article pointing towards Chambers becoming Mr. Attitude like Owens or Moss; he even responded with quite a bit of humility when asked about the possibility of a 1500 yard season. Ask that same question to Keyshawn, Moss, or Owens after their year one in the league and they, not only would've told you that there was no question about them getting 1500+ yards, but they would've gone on for about a half hour about how they were/are the greatest thing to ever enter the league. Chambers, while confident in his ability, still maintains quite a bit of humility.

C. Chambers has his Uncle (who he respects immensely) as well as the rest of his family to keep him in check. This is not the case with any of the other previously mentioned guys. They are guys who are all about looking out for #1 and are not about listening to anyone.

There is no reason to be worried about this issue at this point. If- and this is a big if- Chambers ever becomes a "me first" moron, then we can all jump off the bandwagon but, until then let's all just sit back and enjoy the fact that our favorite team potentially has one of the premier receivers in this league. ;)

Amen Expo...

Let's remember that our greatest ever hero whose name needs no mention, was never overtaken by his own self-importance. Without running game to support him, his production remained at record levels. He still was a competitor. May CC jr. follow him to HOF enshrinement. Attitude free.:D

You're probably right on Expo.
As I've said a couple of times, there was no "OMG!" , just a little,"hmmm...?"
For the record,I didn't make the Moss comparison.

Originally posted by Miamian

I really don't remember him dropping many balls. It would be nice to check the stats, but dropped balls aren't published. Maybe this is a question we can put to the radio talk shows.

He only droped like 8 balls but that was still more than Mcknight. He dropped easy ones early in the game. That still wasn't my point. I am mainly talking about how he would be almost invisable in th efirst half of most games. He made some huge plays but before he is a superstar as many are already convinced he is destined for he has to be consistent with grabbing 5-10 catches a game.

Originally posted by Dajesus

He only droped like 8 balls but that was still more than Mcknight. He dropped easy ones early in the game. That still wasn't my point. I am mainly talking about how he would be almost invisable in th efirst half of most games. He made some huge plays but before he is a superstar as many are already convinced he is destined for he has to be consistent with grabbing 5-10 catches a game.

He wasn't given the opportunity to get the ball 5-10 times a game.

Back
Top Bottom