Chris Grier’s Peers Confident Dolphins General Manager Will Be Successful In Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier’s Peers Confident Dolphins General Manager Will Be Successful In Miami

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
images

People like Grier will always stand out in an industry fueled by the “old boy network.” But not because of his skin color, or upbringing as the son of Bobby Grier, a respected former NFL executive. The Miami Dolphins general manager is unique because of his quiet, yet confident demeanor.

That exact trait has his peers and coworkers convinced Grier will be successful in Miami as the man in charge of everything on the football side of a floundering franchise.

“I tried to hire Chris in Washington, but he didn’t come. That was 100 years ago, but I liked him from when he was a kid. I have a high opinion of him now,” said former NFL executive Charlie Casserly, who spent 28 years in NFL front offices, and served as the general manager in Washington and Houston.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spo...-sp-dolphins-kelly-column-20190123-story.html

I have literally never read an article written by a peer or friend of a person say they won't be a success. Such a worthless waste of printing, the only measure will be how he performs, the jury is out since he's tainted with the MT years, now it's his show alone we can judge him on what we see.

I have literally never read an article written by a peer or friend of a person say they won't be a success. Such a worthless waste of printing, the only measure will be how he performs, the jury is out since he's tainted with the MT years, now it's his show alone we can judge him on what we see.

Prepare to have your post history closely examined and be accused of having multiple accounts. The kabal of pollyanna moral bullies of this site will have something to say about this post.

Prepare to have your post history closely examined and be accused of having multiple accounts. The kabal of pollyanna moral bullies of this site will have something to say about this post.
Does that really happen? I don't think it would be possible to "bully" me on an internet forum.

I like it. Sounds like he has good character. To me, that matters!

I look forward to seeing what he does with this team.

so he's going to do a great job now??? What about all the years that he's been with the team? Oh I forgot, all the bad decisions were not his fault.

so he's going to do a great job now??? What about all the years that he's been with the team? Oh I forgot, all the bad decisions were not his fault.
God this argument is so old already. It's his 1st season in control and none of us know if he will suck or not. The blind support and the blind hatred equally annoy me right now.

I don’t like how he was essentially promoted twice in 3 years without the team even looking at an outside executive.

Hey, he helped our recent drafts and earned the right to stay. It just so happened he was also given a lot more power, and now has the keys to the kingdom. But unlike before … his head is squarely wearing the crown, and the head that wears the crown of decision making also bears responsibility and often finds its way to the chopping block if things go bad. So, if it works out, he's a hero, and if it doesn't, he's likely not working here. Fingers crossed that he is a hero.

make your record public, then i'll be impressed.

I like the coach he hired at this point though.

Back
Top Bottom