Chris Landry on our QB situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Landry on our QB situation

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
Chris Landry of Rivals.com was on the Tony Bruno show this morning. He gave what I think is the best summation of what is happening in Miami as it pertains to the QB situation.

Tony started the conversation by setting him up in saying he knew Fiedler was going nowhere.

Landry responded that the Dolphins especially Dave Wannestadt (even though he got the extension) know that have a short window of opportunity. So they went searching for an upgrade. He listed the same players talked about here. He said we missed out on Brunell and the Henson contract deal was too expensive. Landry continued by saying that we might have interest in Warner if he ever comes available.

Landry then moved on to Feeley and said that the Dolphins are indeed "upgrading" with Feeley. He said it's not what the Dolphin's dreamed of but it was an upgrade albeit a small one.

Tony then moved on to Fiedler and asked "The Dolphins didn't think they could go into the season with Clint Stoener and Sage Rosenfels backing up AJ Feeley did they?"

Landry responded "No, certainly not. They allowed Fiedler to talk to other teams to see if he could start elsewhere as a professional courtesy more than anything."

Landry expects Feeley to start and Fiedler to be the known backup.

The professional courtesy line is what caught my attention in the whole conversation but it was interesting to here a professional scout say we have upgraded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only time will tell....I can't wait for training camp.

Back
Top Bottom