Chris Perkins "It’s time for Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel to produce" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Perkins "It’s time for Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel to produce"

Rick Cartman

It is what it is
Reaction score

Grier, or the someone in the front office, plays politics with the local journalists.
Jeff Ireland used to do it while he was here.
Curious to see whether the GM that's worked with 3 different coaches now gets put to task.

Can’t get past paywall. Is the upshot that Grier has built the roster McD wanted so now he’s got to start winning playoff games?

A thread that's not about Tua.
Excited Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

This website bypasses many pop up paywalls. https://12ft.io/ Alternatively, you can temporarily disable JavaScript on your computer or device.

I think the upshot is, it’s the time of year when there is nothing interesting to write about, so inventing controversial stories is a good way to generate clicks.
Meh, Perk, who is not in my fav five, has been pretty consistent in his stance.

I don't see this as a "throw crap against the wall for clicks" situation.

This whole narrative of how loaded Miami has been in the past two seasons is a bit overstated. On offense you have Hill and Waddle, but not much depth at wr and no real recieving threat at te. The oline has been decent when healthy, but even then they're not a dominate unit. Mostert has had two good seasons at the rb spot. And according to the so called experts the whole offense is led by a tiny, weak armed, injury prone qb that when healthy isn't one of the top 8 qbs in the AFC.

Sure you would like to have won a playoff game over that period. But one year you were starting a rookie udfa qb in Buffalo and the next you were playing the eventual back-to-back champions in a blizzard in KC. I would guess 90 % of the coaches in the NFL would be 0-2 if they faced those situations.

Meh, Perk, who is not in my fav five, has been pretty consistent in his stance.

I don't see this as a "throw crap against the wall for clicks" situation.
Perk is also 100% adamant in his stance of making Tua play on the option , and then use the tag if necessary going forward. He is nothing if not consistent in his opinions, take them or leave them. Not a fan of him personally. I look so forward to the day in the near future that the Phins buck up and make some of these guys eat their words, an apt diet for a journalist some might say.

This whole narrative of how loaded Miami has been in the past two seasons is a bit overstated. On offense you have Hill and Waddle, but not much depth at wr and no real recieving threat at te. The oline has been decent when healthy, but even then they're not a dominate unit. Mostert has had two good seasons at the rb spot. And according to the so called experts the whole offense is led by a tiny, weak armed, injury prone qb that when healthy isn't one of the top 8 qbs in the AFC.

Sure you would like to have won a playoff game over that period. But one year you were starting a rookie udfa qb in Buffalo and the next you were playing the eventual back-to-back champions in a blizzard in KC. I would guess 90 % of the coaches in the NFL would be 0-2 if they faced those situations.
All true, but there is merit to the argument that it should not have come down to going on the road to KC in round one.

The late season collapse(s) are not imaginary. You can use all the reasons/excuses you want but bottom line, we haven't gotten it done when it mattered most.

I wonder how hot Grier's seat is too?

If it all crashes and burns again, will Ross finally fire Grier; and in extention McD at the same time?

I find it kinda hard to believe that Ross will allow Grier to pick, yet another head coach.

This website bypasses many pop up paywalls. https://12ft.io/ Alternatively, you can temporarily disable JavaScript on your computer or device.

I think the upshot is, it’s the time of year when there is nothing interesting to write about, so inventing controversial stories is a good way to generate clicks.
Thanks for the heads up on this!

Back
Top Bottom