Chubb Restructured | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chubb Restructured

There are still some receivers out there, many of whom were released so they would not affect the comp pick formula. Renfrow, Gallup, those type of guys.

I think we need a safety behind Holland and Poyer too.

Kendall Lamm. Depth anywhere.

There is also Tua's potential extension, that could save an additional $10m-$13m in cap space. Added to Howard's June 1st should put Miami in a very nice position to carry over cap space into 2025, when Tua's new contract takes affect. The rollover should help offset his $50m hit in 2025. And if they extend Hill that'll be like Christmas in July.

I mean it's been pretty well noted in order to drop anything major Ramsey and Hill would need to be restructured. Chubb would just be more money. Didn't need to do them all so if Hill gets restructures Dolphins are gonna splash.

This is something I was hoping they would not do.....Chubb can’t stay healthy(has only played one full season which was his rookie year) and this makes it very hard to cut him. We gotta hope he stays healthy but I'm not holding my breath.
I agree. A restructure is not the most economical way to manage the future years. But understandable under the current financial circumstances. I'd rather have left Chubb's contract alone. The Tyreek Hill situation is a bit different where an extension would be beneficial to both the team and Hill. Whether or not that happens, remains to be seen.

I agree. A restructure is not the most economical way to manage the future years. But understandable under the current financial circumstances. I'd rather have left Chubb's contract alone. The Tyreek Hill situation is a bit different where an extension would be beneficial to both the team and Hill. Whether or not that happens, remains to be seen.
the reason they did Chubb was because they actually signed more free agents than I thought they would ........when I looked at our cap I didn’t think we'd be very active in free agency but instead we got a lot of free agents and while there are some good contracts for us, it's just too many. Time will tell what happens but if he gets hurt again which he's done every year then we'll be stuck with a lot of money on a player that playing.

the reason they did Chubb was because they actually signed more free agents than I thought they would ........when I looked at our cap I didn’t think we'd be very active in free agency but instead we got a lot of free agents and while there are some good contracts for us, it's just too many. Time will tell what happens but if he gets hurt again which he's done every year then we'll be stuck with a lot of money on a player that playing.
I never like the Chubb trade because of his injury history. And hated the contract, knowing full well it might cost the team in F/A with regards to re-signing their own. But no one could have predicted Grier would let just about everyone walk.

Dang. We seem to be moving all the money forward thats its humanly possible to do. Fans are going to need to understand that down the road we are going to have some uncomfortable cap numbers. That being said if the NFL keeps growing and the cap keeps going up by a lot it will hurt less.

Back
Top Bottom