Clarett and Williams question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clarett and Williams question

InMyChambers

Sniper
Reaction score
Since they declared themselves eligible for the draft and hired agents does that mean they can't go back to school if they can't get into the draft this year? Obviously Clarett is done with school but what about Williams. Sitting out a year and doing nothing would kill his value.

The Ottawa Renegades just drafted Williams in the CFL draft...
If he were to have to sit out, he always has that option...
Warren Moon, Tamarick Vanover are guys that went up north and played for a couple years before going to the NFL...
Always better than the Arena League..they'll play football next year be it in the NFL, CFL or some other league...

Pink_Dove said:
The Ottawa Renegades just drafted Williams in the CFL draft...
If he were to have to sit out, he always has that option...
Warren Moon, Tamarick Vanover are guys that went up north and played for a couple years before going to the NFL...
Always better than the Arena League..they'll play football next year be it in the NFL, CFL or some other league...

So now to get to the NFL he will come in as a Free Agent and not be drafted? Or do you draft people out of the CFL?

I really think that Williams is going to see a supplemental draft as a compromise measure in exchange for him dropping the lawsuit he filed. Clarett may well be a different story if the league can justify that.

I think the NCAA will essentially destroy any credibility they have left if they let these guys back in. Neither one of them has been attending classes this semester based on reports here, plus both of them have hired agents. Inviting them back is like asking every junior to take a semester off, hire an agent, and see how it goes. How could you possibly justify not giving those future player eligibility back?

My very best guess is supplemental draft for Williams and CFL for Clarett...

I just read an article on ESPN that said Williams and Clarett will try to get back in school thru a legal process.

Clarett is probably done with school. He napalmed his bridges with OSU. The NCAA will bend over backwards to keep him out of college at this point, after everything he's done. The CFL makes sense for him (BTW, Pink Dove, you forgot Rocket Ismail, whose decision to go to the CFL over the NFL turned the entire draft on its ear).
Williams is a different story. He relied in good faith on a court ruling. The NCAA will probably take a hard line, but I think the door is at least open a crack, in part because Williams' action was entirely reasonable. As for the supp draft? Tough call. The NFL probably wants to avoid creating any uncertainty with their "3 years out of high school" rule. As such, they could take a hard line on Williams, but in his case, the supp draft is at least a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom