Class of 83 ??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Class of 83 ???

Zeke0123

This is my worried look
Reaction score
This draft is very reminiscent(sp) of that draft dontcha think??

yes it is how ironic it would be if Rivers is picked further down by miami in the 20th pick an be the best qb to come out of the draft like Marino did.

Start him halfway threw the season and make it to the pro bowl.

I guess it alright to dream.

this years draft could be greater then the 83 (funny the only QB drafted after Marino was the 25th pick, in the 5th round).

Manning
Rothlisburger
Rivers
Losman

Uh guys last year's draft was better.

This year's draft is good, not great.

Originally posted by Jaj
Uh guys last year's draft was better.

This year's draft is good, not great.

NM, wrong topic i guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Jaj
We're talking QBs.

In that case, i'm still right.

Palmer- hasn't played yet..

Leftwich- Very solid in his first season.

Boller- sucked... he didn't do anything special, and was outplayed by WRIGHT.

Manning
Roethlisberger
Rivers
Losman

all look much better as a group.

What??? No your not.

Since when do you compare their rookie years give me a break.

Palmer was the same rating as Eli. Rothy is rated higher by just a bit than Leftwich was. Boller was a sure 1st rounder last year. So was Grossman. Boller and Grossman were rated higher than their counterparts Losman and Rivers are this year. Plus Simms and Ragone were rated higher than Schaub and Pickett.

How can you compare their first seasons??? I mean comon. Why do you think last year was considered in the class of 1999, and 1983?

Originally posted by Noland
yes it is how ironic it would be if Rivers is picked further down by miami in the 20th pick an be the best qb to come out of the draft like Marino did.

Start him halfway threw the season and make it to the pro bowl.

I guess it alright to dream.
who ever picks him, we should trade for him.

i've seen a lot of good and a lot of bad plays by fiedler. if we don't get somebody of that quality i'm not ready to give up on jay yet. especially if marino can tutor him!;)

This is the year of the Wide Out. Last year was a better QB draft. If not for Eli, this QB draft would be average.

Originally posted by zeke0123
This draft is very reminiscent(sp) of that draft dontcha think??

The QBs in 1983 were way better than the QBs in this draft. It isn't even close.

Re: Re: Class of 83 ???

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

The QBs in 1983 were way better than the QBs in this draft. It isn't even close.

You say that now because you know what they did in the pros. Wait 20 years and you may not be singing the same tune.

I'm not saying that Rivers and Manning will become the new Elway and Marino, it's just the fact that people have blown this thing way out of proportion.

Calm down peeps, the draft is still more than 2 months away. Pace yourselves.

Re: Re: Re: Class of 83 ???

Originally posted by dusty_hog

the draft is still more than 2 months away. Pace yourselves.

True. Every year the projections as to how high a player will go look like a roller coaster. I remember people saying there was no way in hell we'd ever get a shot at JJJ.

Originally posted by MiamiFan1354
This is the year of the Wide Out. Last year was a better QB draft. If not for Eli, this QB draft would be average.

Eli is the 3rd best QB in this draft!!!!!!!!!

If my name were Patrick Manning and not Patrick Carter I would be a first rounder too.

Back
Top Bottom