Clip on O-Line Prospects | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clip on O-Line Prospects

That second shot from Smiley was really nice.

Yeah, Smiley looked the most impressive besides Gallery in those clips, Grove didn't look all that great had his back too straight, no wonder why he has back problems.

Great clip. I love the speed of my connection here at work. Downloaded it like 10 seconds. Mel's final words were tackle position the weakest position in this NFL draft....however he goes on about Gallery being another Boselli, Ogden, or Pace, and says that Andrews should have "few peers at RT" if he maintains weight.

One thing that impresses me about Andrews with the weight thing as opposed to say, Jamie Nails, who before being drafted in the 4th round always talked about losing weight, is that Andrews actually has done it. He's down to 339 lbs and he's STILL GOING. Thats phenomenal. He has hired a personal trainer and his own personal chef and he says he's keeping both of them in the pros. I agree with Andrews in that its hard to maintain a good diet regiment when you have little money to work with.

BTW if you watch that clip get a load of Smiley's pancake in there..it looked pretty impressive. He dropped back in pass protect toward the left, read that nobody was coming that he needed to block, so lightning quick he turned to the right and just SMACKED a stunting DT right on the side and knocked the snot out of him right onto the grass.

Anbdrews just looks like a mountain of a man.

I didn't think Smiley necessarily looked the most impressive of anyone, they just happened to show a good clip of a pancake from him whereas I don't think they showed any pancakes from anyone else...I wasn't particularly impressed with the clip of Smiley pulling out to the right. He had trouble keeping the linebacker from getting close to the RB and ended up just kinda pulling him down with the ship as Smiley fell. They should have showed one of Andrews' like 70 pancakes he had this year.

Smiley is better than Carey by a long way.

Andrews is extremely athletic for his size as I have said all along.

Also who was it that I argued with saying Gallery is in Boselli Ogden and Pace's class?

Wasn't me though my personal opinion is that Gallery is not in Boselli's, Ogden's, or Pace's class. I think he might be another Chris Samuels, Jordan Gross, or maybe even a Walter Jones type...but it takes a LOT to be the kind of tackle Pace, Ogden, and Boselli were/are and Gallery has some physical limitations...I dont really intend to argue it though thats just my own gut feeling.

Smiley is a better pure guard than Carey but Carey gets bonus points for possibly being able to play tackle in the NFL. Also, Carey didn't like playing guard in college and if he's stuck with being forced to do it in the pros, once he accepts it and decides to fine tune his game, I think he could be a really good guard...maybe as good or better than Smiley. He's got the physical abilities, and he's played with that kind of tenacity and talent at tackle before...no reason to think he wouldn't be able to do it at guard.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Canes fan, but I tend to think Smiley is a really complete guard, while Carey will be decent but not special at both guard and tackle. He looks good and plays good, but I just don't see him dominating at pro level because nothing truely stands out. Same as Grove; aside from his leadership, Grove is a good Center. Not excellent and nothing really special.

Gallery can't really be compared to Gross because Gross is a natural RT. Also, I'd argue that Walter Jones has been better than Pace each of the past 3 years, but that's irrelevant.

Gallery has a real mean streak and has very little fat on his body. I was surprised just how big he was without much fat when I spoke with him - he could easily put on 20-30 lbs with no problems.

What I like about him is he plays physical and nasty, but moves like a TE (which of course, he was,) He just glides out there and I can see him dominating, because speed rushers will struggle to get round him based solely on speed.

good clip, Smiley seems to be quicker, more athletic than Carey or even Andrews...but andrews and Carey have more lower body strength than Smiley does....I'd be happy with any of the three. Still the doubts about both Andrews and Carey tend to scare me a little...I can understand doubts about pure athletic ability or technique, but with those doubts are about work-ethic and weight control, it really scares me, as was said above, I can only picture Nails and Gibson when I think of lost potential...

Andrews or Smiley

I don't have problem with either guy.Something tells me Smiley will be a stud from day one.

Smiley is a guard and therefore not worth a round one pick.

If you want a guard keep an eye out for Lamar Bryant. Tackle is a weak class, guard is strong, and Bryant will be an absolute stud in the 3rd round IMO.

Back
Top Bottom