Coaches Coach, Players Play | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaches Coach, Players Play

xiidaen

FinHeaven.com Evangelist
Reaction score
I had an interesting time at the Sportzbar this week. The guy next to me was screaming for DW's head after every negative play (which, let's face it, was most of them). Then, there was another guy behind me who began saying things like 'I didn't see DW miss that (block/tackle/catch/interception)....'

The coaches need to put the team in a position to win, but it's the players job to execute out on the field. Earlier this week the media was full of articles attaching the coach and saying that his job was on the line - or he should be fired already. Everyone agrees that the team at least needs to make the playoffs this year in order for DW to keep his job, so this isn't news.

Today, however, there are a bunch of new articles, this time calling out the players. JT wants to question DW's coaching in the Titans game? Maybe he should have had more than one tackle before he shoots his mouth off. This defense thinks it's dominant? Didn't look that way on Sunday. Losing ZT and PS ripped the heart out of the team? Losing a rediculous number of starters hasn't slowed down the Pats much...

Right now, I think it's time for all the team leaders to stand up. If you think you're the quiet type (Bowens, Williams) - then give 100% on every play and show your leadership on the field. If you are perceived as a star player (JT, most of the defense) and a leader (ZT) then don't point the finger at someone else, stand up and demand more from yourself and the people around you.
And yes, when you're the coach, you're ultimately responsible, so you send the messages that need to be sent. Rodgers didn't perform, he's gone. DT has struggled, and now has Newsome climbing all over him. But at the same time, point out what other teams do to win. St. Louis struggles offensively, and in one game this season the defense pitches a shutout and puts point on the board. Last week they come up with something like 7 turnovers to offset poor offensive performances. That's stepping up when you're needed.

We can win the next two games. These are teams our defense should tear up - and utterly dominate. The offense as well needs to perform better across the board, and this week will be a tough test for them. But I expect the defense to win both of the next games if necessary on their own.

But most of all, I expect the players to show up and do their jobs, not point at the coaches or their teammates.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ions/tuesday/sports_f30bd62484be91190007.html

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ov11,0,320052.column?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

We have to win a lot of games to make the playoffs. The pats are 2.5 game ahead of us. The Titans and Colts are almost sure to make the playoff, leaving only a wild card spot.

We need to win a lot of games...

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
We have to win a lot of games to make the playoffs. The pats are 2.5 game ahead of us. The Titans and Colts are almost sure to make the playoff, leaving only a wild card spot.

We need to win a lot of games...

Right now its between us and Denver for the last wildcard spot.. with Denver having the advantage

Back
Top Bottom