Coaches job security. AFC | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaches job security. AFC

Greuden had the Defense take on the offense last year and he made it personal within the team. He's really able to get his players to perform and compete to the best of their ability. Wanny doesn't seem to be able to get that out of his players.

Originally posted by Sherif
Greuden had the Defense take on the offense last year and he made it personal within the team. He's really able to get his players to perform and compete to the best of their ability. Wanny doesn't seem to be able to get that out of his players.

So basically, you are saying that Wanny is another Dungy. Wins a lot of games but can't get the team over the hump.

Wannstedt doesn't challenge his players... Thats the problem.. All he does is encourage them and is by their side all the time.. The players need fires lit up inside and Wannstedt should be the one starting the fires by making comments like "JT lets see you make 3 sacks in a game again.. I think it was a fluke".. Or something to that effect.. He should be doing it to every player.. Even Ricky, tease him about his fumbling habits and stuff like that.. These are football players.. Their feelings wont get hurt.. They'll just play harder the very next Sunday.. Thats the way to do it.. Wannstedt in my opinion just doesnt want to be the bad guy and doesnt want anyone to be mad at him on the team.. So called "The Nice Guy".. Time for the Fires to be lit..

HURRAH:drinker:

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Wannstedt doesn't challenge his players... Thats the problem.. All he does is encourage them and is by their side all the time.. The players need fires lit up inside and Wannstedt should be the one starting the fires by making comments like "JT lets see you make 3 sacks in a game again.. I think it was a fluke".. Or something to that effect.. He should be doing it to every player.. Even Ricky, tease him about his fumbling habits and stuff like that.. These are football players.. Their feelings wont get hurt.. They'll just play harder the very next Sunday.. Thats the way to do it.. Wannstedt in my opinion just doesnt want to be the bad guy and doesnt want anyone to be mad at him on the team.. So called "The Nice Guy".. Time for the Fires to be lit..

HURRAH:drinker:

Great point and I agree but, in a different way I guess....What you said is a good idea but, you can't motivate everyone the same way. I agree that he needs to work on his motivational skillz but, he needs to be more like a Parcells or a JJ and figure out what makes each player tick.....some of them you can joke with and get them to play better, some of them you may have to threaten to get them to play better, and some of them may be more responsive to praise. It's just a matter of connecting with each guy on some level to get the most out of them. It's not an easy thing to do obviously, since history is littered with coaches who had talent and couldn't get it done. I think it's definately Dave's weakest point and you are right again, I think he just wants to be the "nice guy" all the time. I hope that Wayne's little motivational speech that he gave Wanny lit just enough of a fire under his a$$ to make him try anything this year even if it is out of character.

Originally posted by inFINSible

Great point and I agree but, in a different way I guess....What you said is a good idea but, you can't motivate everyone the same way. I agree that he needs to work on his motivational skillz but, he needs to be more like a Parcells or a JJ and figure out what makes each player tick.....some of them you can joke with and get them to play better, some of them you may have to threaten to get them to play better, and some of them may be more responsive to praise. It's just a matter of connecting with each guy on some level to get the most out of them. It's not an easy thing to do obviously, since history is littered with coaches who had talent and couldn't get it done. I think it's definately Dave's weakest point and you are right again, I think he just wants to be the "nice guy" all the time. I hope that Wayne's little motivational speech that he gave Wanny lit just enough of a fire under his a$$ to make him try anything this year even if it is out of character.

That is true... I agree with treating each player different because they're not all the same.. But I believe we both agree that his style of coaching is just not going to cut it... The players are just not challenged enough to the point where they don't want to be singled out.. I believe that the veteran additions will get Miami further in that aspect but not because of Wannstedt.. I personally think Wannstedt should be gone after this year.. Theres no reason why Miami does not win the SB this year with all this talent on this team and depth.. Wannstedt needs to learn how to challenge his players.. Thats the best way to get their ultimate potential out there on the field.. INFIN, good post above..

Rude, there is no respect given for the Fins' enemies or their coaches, see my sig. below because this is what happens. Peace.

Back
Top Bottom