Coaches Rankings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaches Rankings

I hope you're not holding too much merit to that. Its one man's opinion, or atleast one website's opinion. Plus, judging by the so called "quotes", it isn't meant to be taken too seriously. Besides, I don't see what basis he would have for having Herm above Wanny right now. Herm came off a successful campaign last season, but he is being given credit for building a new Bucs defense? It isn't even built yet, how does he know it will be as good?. Wanny, on the other hand, has had 2 11-5 years, a 1-2 play-off record, and a very successful draft under his belt. Based on these stats alone, Wanny would get the nod. However, it is way to early to judge this. Besides, this is a very subjective topic.

Make that two successful drafts. Both the 2000(Dyer, Wade, Freeman) and 2001(Fletcher, Minor, Chambers, Greenwood) drafts have come out w/ pretty good results.

Besides all of that, you also have to factor in how in love the media is with Herm Edwards. I really have to question them putting the Jests in teh "contenders" section. The only thing they'll be contending for next year is a top 10 pick in the draft.

Top coach list is B.S.

:lol:
I think Wanny is a good coach but I honestly don't think he belongs with that top echelon of coaches (Belicheck, Martz, et al). However, beyond the top 5, this list is nonsense. It more or less ranks them based on the quality of the teams. For instance, I don't think anyone would say Dan Reeves is a bad coach, yet he is ranked near the bottom just because the Falcons are in transition. NFL coaches can certainly make a difference, like Belichek did last season, however the best coach in the world can't win without a talented roster. Conversely, if you put together a team of All Pros, there's probably not a head coach in the league who couldn't lead them to a Super Bowl. Living proof of this is George Seifert.

Re: Top coach list is B.S.

Originally posted by NYDolfan
however the best coach in the world can't win without a talented roster.

True, but maybe if Vince Lombardi were still around...

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I don't like Wanny so I don't care.
tough to like a team where you do not like the coach and the starting QB - anyone else ? ;)

He tends to sign people because he coached them before, except for the cases of Chester and RW, which were both great pickups. He also let Izzo go. :(

All this talk reminds me of what Bum Phillips once said about Don Shula: He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
He tends to sign people because he coached them before, except for the cases of Chester and RW, which were both great pickups. He also let Izzo go. :(

I believe we only have four players from Chicago(Perry, Mayes, Wooden, Mcnown), but there are probably more. McKnight, Ward, Searcy, and Lucas were all signed by Wanny but they never played for him before.

Back
Top Bottom