Coaches you would like. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaches you would like.

MacAttack

Starter
Reaction score
Well its lookin more and more like the Fins will have a coaching job open at the end of this year.

With the recent event in the NFL it is clear that having a competent HC is a must for any football team.

Chucky to TB
Dick Vermil to KC
Tuna in Dallas.

And the list goes on.

Who would you like coaching the Fins for the next few years?

Dick Verimil is on the last year of his contract with KC, wishful thinking but still. . .

Wayne is just gonna keep Wanne or Norv around until Mike Shula learns enough at UA to take over the reigns :eek:

Originally posted by finsrclowns
Greg Williams will probably be available.:D

We'll drop him a note if we need someone to clean the players' jocks. :D

Not sure what Bill Cowher's situation is in Pittsburgh but I'd love to have him in Miami.

Originally posted by DolphinzD
Not sure what Bill Cowher's situation is in Pittsburgh but I'd love to have him in Miami.

That would be a great mix. He would get that fire burning out of your players.

Originally posted by MacAttack

Dick Verimil is on the last year of his contract with KC, wishful thinking but still. . .

You know he would turn this offense around.

And we already have a great RB and TE. That would be a start.

Originally posted by justafan

That would be a great mix. He would get that fire burning out of your players.

No kidding.....a situation like that just screams Gruden in Tampa last year. Not saying it would definitely happen, but I could see it.

Gruden sure is getting the most out of his players this year huh?

Vermail would be cool but, it would take a couple of seasons for him to implant HIS offense and personell.

I like Bob Stoops but, the only problem with that is he's an ex DC and that doesn't bode well for offensive improvement and besides that it remains to be seen if he can handle NFL players like he does his college boys. Alot of great college coaches couldn't make the transition.

But, personally, my favorite would be, Richt from Georgia....same as Stoops, as far as, would he be able to adapt, but he was responsible for some great offense at FSU and he seems to have gotten the same thing going for the Bulldogs. I'd like to see him get a shot someday...

IF........we NEED a new coach next year.....still not convinced that we will.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Gruden sure is getting the most out of his players this year huh?

True, but I said I was referring to last year. Tampa is definitely not playing up to potential so far this year. Should they continue playing as they have and finish with a low seed and get knocked out of the play-offs early, or even miss the play-offs.....well, I'd rather have a Super Bowl season followed by a mediocre season than any of our two seasons 1997-2001. This, of course, implies that the team did indeed win the Super Bowl, and that is certainly no guarantee.

That being said, I agree that a coaching change might not need to be made in the offseason. I just thought that if that were the case, Cowher could be a good fit for the reason I mentioned.

Jim Mora. At least he'd call out people after crappy performances. And be entertaining in the process.

Back
Top Bottom