Coaches you would like. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaches you would like.

This thread is way too premature but I will bite.

Bob Stoops
Butch Davis
Tyrone Willingham (I know his team sucks this year but he is an awesome coach)

Originally posted by DolphinzD

True, but I said I was referring to last year. Tampa is definitely not playing up to potential so far this year. Should they continue playing as they have and finish with a low seed and get knocked out of the play-offs early, or even miss the play-offs.....well, I'd rather have a Super Bowl season followed by a mediocre season than any of our two seasons 1997-2001. This, of course, implies that the team did indeed win the Super Bowl, and that is certainly no guarantee.

That being said, I agree that a coaching change might not need to be made in the offseason. I just thought that if that were the case, Cowher could be a good fit for the reason I mentioned.

No offense DzD....I wasn't really singling your post out about Gruden...I was just making a blanket statement.....I don't think that Gruden is any better than any other coach....he just happen to be a spark for one season that put an already great team over the top.....he'll go back to nothing now.
I see your point though, if we could get that spark I'd take it in a heart beat, but identifying that spark and us getting to the SB with it, is an extremely long shot....I mean teams change coaches all the time and that is certainly no garauntee of impending success, more often that not it means taking a step back.

Also, I like Cowher too, but he may be just as bad a coach on game day as Wanny seems to be.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
butch davis

In my dreams..

Butch Davis, Dennis Green, Dick Vermiel to name a few

Jim Mora? Hell no! He doesn't even know what defense means. If Mora was HC, our defense would be traded away faster than the '97 Marlins! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom