Coaching and mascot Name | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaching and mascot Name

A Wing Pilot

Section:445 Row:19 Seat:1&2
Reaction score
Not really sure where to post this but I figured this may be a good starting point.

I was just promoted from volunteer to head coach of a 7-9 year olds flag football team. Its an 11 position team with line blocking(some leagues everyone is elgible reciever). Anyways I'm nervous as heck as I got the info today and the draft is next week. I didn't even get to see the try-outs and have to go on other coaches rating sheets.

I'm registered to go to the coaching clinic put on by the dolphins. they take a bunch of kids coaches and teach them good drills and skills. I bought some books and will try to recall stuff from my highschool days (much lighter for the kids though, not sure parents would approve of Up Downs till they vomited) So my first question is:

Do any of you guys coach? Do any of you have good resources or some old playbooks I could have/copy?

One of the other cool things is I get to name my team. So the second question is does the FinHeaven mascot have a name? Is he available to be the name/mascot of a peewee football team?

Congratulations!

Here's a tip: in a league with 7-9 year olds, if you see a kid that's already got 5 o'clock shadow, pick him. :)

Dolfanmike was or still is a coach. I haven't seen him around here in a few days, though.

awing_pilot said:
One of the other cool things is I get to name my team. So the second question is does the FinHeaven mascot have a name? Is he available to be the name/mascot of a peewee football team?

I don't see why he couldn't be. That would be really cool IMO.

As for his name.....I guess we could have a mini-contest here.

"Name the FinHeaven mascot".

I was calling him "Billy Jack" for awhile. :)

darkmistress said:
I still think you should call him "Marine-O" lol :tongue:

I wish I was creative. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom