Coaching change winners | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaching change winners

FinfanInBuffalo

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
Our very own Mike Wallace is listed as a player likely to benefit from the OC change.

Mike Sherman was a complete disaster as the Dolphins offensive coordinator. He never gave the run game a chance, which allowed defenses to pin their ears back and attack his overmatched offensive line. It resulted in Ryan Tannehill getting sacked a league-high 58 times and not having enough time to let Wallace do what he does best.

New OC Bill Lazor helped install Chip Kelly’s offense last season as the Eagles quarterbacks coach. I believe Wallace is actually more talented that DeSean Jackson – he’s just as fast, but he’s bigger and is capable of running a more diverse route tree. Lazor won’t merely use Wallace as a $60 million clear-out route.

Another writer recognizing that the OC, and OL were a big problem this year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/46185/59/coaching-change-winners

Every player on the offensive side of the ball will benefit.

Also if Wallace benefits highly, so will Tannehill

Miami threw 65% of the time. It is about more offensive balance along with offensive design.

If the o-line is better the team will play better. The play calling may have been bad at times last year but the play calling was not missing Wallace deep and the play calling was not hitting our QB every damn play.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it interesting that people automatically think RT will thrive without Sherm. Everyone might be right. However, he has never been in anything other than Sherm's offense. There might be a learning curve early in the year.

If the o-line is better the team will play better. The play calling may have been bad at times last year bud the play calling was not missing Wallace deep and the play calling was not hitting our QB every damn play.

I agree that the OL was the biggest issue but the play calling was still a big problem.

The play calling was predictable and that leads to an advantage for the defense, including their pass rush. The play calling was responsible for the lack of variety on the deep routes and the limited type of routes run by Wallace.

I agree that the OL was the biggest issue but the play calling was still a big problem.

The play calling was predictable and that leads to an advantage for the defense, including their pass rush. The play calling was responsible for the lack of variety on the deep routes and the limited type of routes run by Wallace.

Go-Go - Go didn't help the line either.

I find it interesting that people automatically think RT will thrive without Sherm. Everyone might be right. However, he has never been in anything other than Sherm's offense. There might be a learning curve early in the year.

He's a medical student, his intelligence is the least of my worries.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Go-Go - Go didn't help the line either.

I'm happy that childish cadence is gone too.

Miami threw 65% of the time. It is about more offensive balance along with offensive design.

We need to run the ball with authority and pass off the running game. I would think that 55 run / 45 pass would be the winning formula for this team.

He's a medical student, his intelligence is the least of my worries.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

I'm happy that childish cadence is gone too.

Just because he is book smart intelligent does not mean he immediately picks up a NFL offense.

Just because he is book smart intelligent does not mean he immediately picks up a NFL offense.

Post-draft, he was suppose to be on the sidelines as a "project". With the limited experience he's had at QB before coming into the league, he sure has learned quick in his first two years. Like Phinatic said, it's the least of our worries.

BTW, how much league experience did Foles have before getting the start? Not worried about Lazor teaching Tannehill, not worried about Tannehill learning from Lazor.

Totally agree. I'm not assuming he will be better with a new coordinator. I am assuming he will do better with a better line and another year under his belt though.

Back
Top Bottom