Coaching Changes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaching Changes

Originally posted by phinphanbill
Here's the scoop...

Joel Collier will be the new OC.
Bernie Parmalee will be the new Running Backs Coach.
Marc Trestman will be the QB Coach AND Assistant Head Coach!!!

This team is definitely moving in an offensive direction with Trestman being primed for the head job if/when the December swoon hits next December!

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7800632.htm

So, does that leave Trestman as developing the offensive philosophy and/or playbook, with Collier calling the specific plays on gameday?

The assistant head coach wrinkle muddies things a bit for me.

I thought I had heard talk earlier that Trestman would jump up to OC?? I guess that was wrong??

talked about a screwed chain of command - this is becoming a habit with this organization. How can the QB coach be the AHC and the OC be below him... strange or innovative... I go with the former

Here's the scoop...

This team is definitely moving in an offensive direction with Trestman being primed for the head job if/when the December swoon hits next December!

Can't say I'm real excited about this.....

I hope Collier was working closely with Norv and has a good overall grip on the system. If he was focused mainly on coaching RB's and not focusing on the overall Offensive system we could be looking at another Kippy Brown.

Remember him?
The last RB coach we made OC?
All he knew how to do was Run L, Run R, Run up the middle.

The Super Bowl hasn't even been played yet and this offseason is already controversy city! :lol:

Re: Re: Coaching Changes

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

So, does that leave Trestman as developing the offensive philosophy and/or playbook, with Collier calling the specific plays on gameday?

The assistant head coach wrinkle muddies things a bit for me.

I agree. I've never really undertsood what an assistant HC does in the NFL. Wanny was AHC under Jimmy but what did he really do other than supervise players during practice and add another set of eyes?

Norv was the assistant head coach under Wanny, too.

Collier specializes in running backs. Trestman specializes in QBs.

Trestman will be teaching Collier, Sullivan, and the QB draft pick (Rivers hopefully) the nuances of the West Coast Offense.

Collier will then be teaching the running backs and calling the plays.

Sullivan will be teaching Chambers and Tolver...that's right, I said Tolver (see link), as well as others, the nuances of the position in the new offense.

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2082550

Originally posted by dolphan39
this is becoming a habit with this organization. How can the QB coach be the AHC and the OC be below him... strange or innovative... I go with the former

The entire organization has a Kafka-esque structurual hierarchy. Weird.

Well, we have to be open minded to the changes cos they're done and there's nothing we can do right now other than hope they work.This team needed some changes so I'm happy that things will be different. My only worry is that Wanny's still here.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Surferosa

The entire organization has a Kafka-esque structurual hierarchy. Weird.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ya just never want to hear "Kafkaesque" and "Dolphin front office" in the same sentence.

Hyde's gonna have a field day on this one.

Sullivan will be teaching Chambers and Tolver...that's right, I said Tolver (see link), as well as others, the nuances of the position in the new offense.

I hope we groom Tolver. I think that he will be a good possesion receiver opposite Chambers one day.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ya just never want to hear "Kafkaesque" and "Dolphin front office" in the same sentence.

Hyde's gonna have a field day on this one.

Good thing that nothing that comes outta his mouth is worth a damn except maybe to try and make some humor about the organization (some of his stuff is funny).

Here's the scoop...

I think Parmalee can do a good job as the RB coach, while Trestman and Sullivan were very good additions. I don't really know what Collier will do as the OC, we don't know his style yet, but hopefully he will mix it up a little bit. I didn't want Trestman as our OC because I don't think a West Coast Offense would work in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom