Cody Brown tour comes to Dolphins April 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cody Brown tour comes to Dolphins April 10

d-day

Club Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins are not the only team in search of a pass rushing outside linebacker who can also hold the edge of the defense, which is one reason Cody Brown has been traveling the country the past few weeks, working out for New England, Denver and Carolina as the NFL draft draws closer.

Brown, a University of Connecticut defensive end, is one of the top pass-rushers available in the coming draft based on his 7.5 sacks and 16.5 tackles for losses in 2008. That's why he's in demand now and will be coming off the board on the first day of the selection process.

On Monday, Brown added to his list of teams visited by working out for the New York Giants. But the day of interest to Dolphins fans is April 10 when Brown gets a chance to reaquaint himself with the Dolphins. Brown, 6-2 and 244, is scheduled to be among the local players the Dolphins will bring to camp on Good Friday as part of their locals visits.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

I like Brown. My only question is can he drop into coverage? Of what little I have actually seen him play, being a DE I have never actually seen go out in pass coverage. He does have a varied number of techniques to get to the QB. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders from the interviews I have seen(1).:D

I like Brown. My only question is can he drop into coverage? Of what little I have actually seen him play, being a DE I have never actually seen go out in pass coverage. He does have a varied number of techniques to get to the QB. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders from the interviews I have seen(1).:D

That will be the biggest concern with ALL of these hybrid DE guys . . . many of them we only can judge based on a combine number.

I would be happy with any one of these OLB prospects:

Larry English
Michael Johnson
Connor Barwin
Lawrence Sidbury
Cody Brown
Brian Orakpo
Everette Brown

Back
Top Bottom