Cody Pickett | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cody Pickett

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Anyone know alot about this kid?? I hear he could be a big steal in 3rd round or in day 2 for that matter.. Some have linked him to Brady in their game play and say this kid is tougher than nails mentally..

Boomer, any insight on this kid??

He's a good prospect who needs a lot of coaching. He has the size and the arm strength to be good. Right now, he tends to lock onto his primary target (Reggie Williams) and forces some throws.

Pickett is around 6-4, about 225 lbs. He can run the forty in the 4.66 area. His arm is very good. It's probably among the strongest arms in the draft.

Basically, he's a guy who needs come coaching.

Remember one thing when looking at Pickett. Last year, Carson Palmer won the Heisman Trophy and was the #1 overall pick. Cody Pickett is the guy who lead the Pac 10 in passing.

Yes he is quite good and can sell the play action. That's all you need is Norv's system. He can make him a great QB.

For me Cody Pickett in the third over Phillip Rivers in the first.

ya know, i never really thought about Pickett, but drafting him in the 3rd and seasoning him behind a vet (Brunell?) could be a great idea. If he has the arm strength and the play-faking ability that you guys make it seem like he has (I havent seen much of Cody, so i dont know) then he could be a great one in Norv's system...sort of a Troy Aikman type if we're lucky, lol. Drafting him later on would free up our 1st rounder to get an O-lineman like Robert Gallary(sp?) or Vernon Carey, or even a WR like Rashaun Woods, Micheal Clayton or Reggie Williams (that'd be really cool having Reggie Williams and Cody Pickett playing together on the fins someday...sort of a college teammates reunited kind of thing, lol).

Seeing two of the very good QBs in last year's draft fall to the latter part of the third round, I wouldn't be shocked if Schaub fell to us in the third, & Pickett & Navarre both fell to us in the 4th round. I would think the same about Rivers but some dumb team like the Raiders would take him in the 2nd after reading Kiper's column.

This year who do you see moving up SMad? Do you see WR the ignored position in the draft once again where a whole lot of first rounders fell to the second and third. Will DL dominate again?

Yeah, I think it'll be another defensive dominated first round with the QBs & WRs falling. The two positions that looked to be drafted the most from are DTs & corners.

I really think we should trade down until only 3 of the top 8 WRs are left on the board. The last three I have ranked are Evans, Jenkins, & Darling & I'd be thrilled to have any of them.

pickett sucks... he is awful and i did hear hear CP in the 3rd? in his dreams...

The great authority on all things Rivers has arrived. No I get to watch Pickett and he does not suck. He is actually a good QB that is often overlooked.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
pickett sucks... he is awful and i did hear hear CP in the 3rd? in his dreams...

You like Rivers but you don't like Pickett? Pickett is more athletic & has a stronger arm than Rivers. That' stuff you can't teach. Accuracy & decision making are things you can teach. Pickett has a bigger upside because of that.

Originally posted by SMadison29

You like Rivers but you don't like Pickett? Pickett is more athletic & has a stronger arm than Rivers. That' stuff you can't teach. Accuracy & decision making are things you can teach. Pickett has a bigger upside because of that.

If accuracy and decision making were so easy to teach than there wouldn't be such a shortage of quality QB's in the NFL.:rolleyes:

And Danny Weurfells would rule the NFL.

By the way Pickett is also considered to be a leader and is highly respected by others.

It's a lot easier to teach those than to have a QB improve his speed & arm strength as well as footwork & throwing motion. Rivers is a complete project.

Back
Top Bottom