Cody Pickett | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cody Pickett

There's a few Ol we can take in the first as well as 2-3 receivers. I really doubt we go defense. Marino has already stated the defense was great but the offense lacked. Doesn't sound like someone who would be happy if Rick went defense in the first.

Cody Pickett better than Rivers from what I saw in college I don't think so. But in NFL you never know.

Being able to throw 70 yard's is great but overrated. IF you can throw that far an connect half or better that is good. But to me a good qb with a good RB all you have to do is be accurate. Marino did not have a 70 yard bomb but on any kind of 40 to 50 yard crossfield pass he could hit you in the number's. If you can pass all over the field an be accurate why do you need a 70 yard bomb. You complete mos t of your passes your RB is going to get some yards. Look at KC Trent Green might throw a 65 yard TD but the speed of the WR's got 30 of the yards. Holms got his td's and yards from Trents accuracy.

Originally posted by SMadison29
RD: So whats the deal with that Jake Plummer summer camp throw you made back in high school?

Pickett: “Yeah I threw the ball about 77 yards, Plummer threw it about 65."

http://www.washington.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=114410

To me its not so much the distance he threw, but the strength it implies. Should be able to zip a short-medium range pass like a bullet. Less time for the DBs/secondary to react.

The distance is good too though....stay alive in the pocket for about 4 seconds while CC haulz ballz down the field :).

I have seem alot of QB's that could throw a bomb but could not throw a bullet very good. Few to name Esiason Jeff Blake Jeff Hosstetler.

I'm with Navy.

Look at many of Fiedler's deep passes, he had the accuracy down field but he couldn't get anything on them which in return made them sail & flutter causing him to be inaccurate. The same thing happens to Rivers on his deeper throws.

Originally posted by Noland
I have seem alot of QB's that could throw a bomb but could not throw a bullet very good. Few to name Esiason Jeff Blake Jeff Hosstetler.

Very true...

I just think that the only QB coming out that would be able to start right away for a team is Eli or Ben....maybe both, and I don't like the prospect of what we'll have to give away to draft either. If that was our only weak position....sure...give a ton.

Whether its Pickett, Losman, Rivers, whoever...I just hope they go for somebody with good arm-strength that Norv and the other offensive staff will be able to work with, and shape a game-plan around - not force to fit into a game-plan (which is something I think the Dolphins could do better anyway).

We all know that "system" QBs are titled that for a reason. You could stick many other QBs on the Rams, and even with the help of the improved O-Line, no way they put up Warner/Bulger numbers...if forced to comply in the same offensive scheme they currently use, unless it aligns with their better abilities.

Back
Top Bottom