College Football realignment | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College Football realignment

utahphinsfan

Club Member
Reaction score
  • It makes NO sense geographically
  • So much for the Handshake agreement between the B1G, ACC, & PAC to keep the SEC in check
  • For the most part I am indifferent to the "restructuring" except for....
    • I've said for yrs the powers that be won't be happy until all the schools that were dominant in the 70's (Bama, tosu, Michigan, OU, UTx, Usc, ucla, & Notre Dame) are dominant again
    • The B1G now essentially has 3 of the most overhyped programs EVER... care to guess?

You’re headed for two Super Conferences.

They wanted college football to be like the NFL so they could control it. Just like everything else.

They’re getting it.

Geographically?
If Canes travel by bus to FSU it will take them 7 to 8 hours. The flight from LA to Baltimore is 6 hours. Not a big deal.

Geographically?
If Canes travel by bus to FSU it will take them 7 to 8 hours. The flight from LA to Baltimore is 6 hours. Not a big deal.

By geographically, I mean ZFG given about Rutgers playing Ucla as a conference matchup.

College football is best when its regional.

There shouldn't even be conferences in my opinion unless the playoffs are the winner of each conference.

Force schools to schedule a solid amount of top schools if they want to make the playoffs.

How to ruin your sport in two easy steps:

1. Tie most of the money to giant television contracts.
2. Have each conference negotiate separate contracts with different networks.

Done.

Lol at calling USC overhyped.
As opposed to who?
They have a successful history and the national championship years weren't that long ago. They aren't Indiana, Purdue Northwestern etc.

Back
Top Bottom