College Poll 2: Which Coach? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College Poll 2: Which Coach?

If were an AD, and you could have any college football coach, who would you hire?

• Lou Saban

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Houston Nutt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bobby Bowden

• Larry Coker

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Bob Stoops

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Pete Carroll

• Total voters

brech10

Keyser Soze
Reaction score
Oklahoma may have wimpered through the finish line last season, but that defense....year in and year out, is amazing. You are always a contender when your team plays TEAM defense like nobody else in the country.

If I was an AD building a new program I would go with Lou Saban or, someone not listed, Terry Bowden. What he did with that F'ed up Auburn program was amazing. If I was an AD with an established program and needed a coach to keep the wheel turning, I would go with Coker. Also, amazing what he has been able to accomplish.

Lou Saban? Who the hell is that?

...Quick yahoo search...

Head Coach of the Bills in the 60s & 70s.

I think you meant Nick Saban of LSU.

SMadison29 said:
Lou Saban? Who the hell is that?

...Quick yahoo search...

Head Coach of the Bills in the 60s & 70s.

I think you meant Nick Saban of LSU.

ahhh...yes. thankyou for the correction. I'm an idiot.

Nick Cest' Bon!!

GEEAAAAAAAUUUUUX TIGERS!!!!!
saban01-1.jpg

I'd probably go with Bob Stoops from Oklahoma. However, Nick Saban is a close second, he is probably the best defensive mind in college football. I would be really happy if either coached the Fins.

It's a tough call, I'd go with Saban only for his work with the DB's. They've shown clips of him working with them and showing them how to use their body and get underneath of recievers on the jam. Overall, I think Coker does an good job with every section of the offense and denfense, but he's not particulary great in any aspect. If I'm an NFL GM I hire Saban if my defense sucks, but if the team denfense is pretty good, I'd take Coker.

I don't think Larry Coker would make a good NFL coach. I like him alot, but I don't think he can even be mentioned with Nick Saban.

I think my Tigers have the best coach in the country.

There's no doubt in my mind he's the best defensive coach in the country, however I don't feel he has all the tools necessary to run an NFL offense. That being said, I voted for him because he's the most prepared to be successful in the NFL.

You may be right, but people said that about Bellichick too.

Oh well, I don't want Saban to go to the NFL. (unless he comes here of course)

I want my Tigers to win oodles of national championships under Saban.

Back
Top Bottom