4. Omar Jacobs*, Bowling Green
5. Brodie Croyle, Alabama
6. Darrell Hackney, UAB
7. Charlie Whitehurst, QB Clemson
8. Brett Basanez, Northwestern
9. Barrick Nealy, Texas State
10. Reggie McNeal, Texas A&M

Omar Jacobs please Nick:dolphins:

Even though he probably is the 4th best QB on the board...he is WAY over-rated and a MUCH bigger project than #'s 1,2,3,and 5 on your list. Therefore...I'll pass on Jacobs.

I would like a #3 with a......... championship!

with extra winning seasons.

and hold the Omar Jacobs.

Negmaron said:
1. Matt Leinart, USC
2. Vince Young*, Texas
3. Jay Cutler, Vanderbilt
4. Omar Jacobs*, Bowling Green
5. Brodie Croyle, Alabama
6. Darrell Hackney, UAB
7. Charlie Whitehurst, QB Clemson
8. Brett Basanez, Northwestern
9. Barrick Nealy, Texas State
10. Reggie McNeal, Texas A&M

Omar Jacobs please Nick:dolphins:
On pure potential maybe, but I doubt that is what most teams QB board will look like. Brodie Croyle is maybe as close as any to playing right away and has an absolute cannon for an arm. I don't think Jacobs will be rated higher and there may be a couple more ahead of him too. Jacobs has potential, but too many people on this board are overrating him at this point.

If we couldn't, or choose not to, get Cutler or Jacobs, is there a chance Michael Robinson is a possibility in the 6th or 7th rounds? Or is he practice squad material at this point?

I'm pretty sure Robinson is going to be a WR.

saves said:
I'm pretty sure Robinson is going to be a WR.

Not if a smart GM makes the right decision....he'll be a project....but he has alot of qualities you look for in a QB. Anyone who likes strong arms....has to like this guy.

QB Michael Robinson posted his seventh 200-yard passing game of the season against Florida State in the Orange Bowl, passing for 253 yards on 21 of 39 with one TD and one interception. His seven 200-yard passing games rank seventh all-time in PSU history for a career. He finishes his career with 3,531 career passing yards (9th all-time) and posted 2,350 passing yards on the season (4th all-time). With 21 yards rushing he ran his Penn State season record total offense total to 3,156. He finishes his career with 5,168 total yards moving him into fourth place all-time.

All Robinson needs is some TLC....and some one to groom him correctly as a QB. He has a great high school career as a QB....but he's been moved around so much while at PSU...it hurt him.

I currently have:
1-Matt Leinart, USC
2-Jay Cutler, Vanderbilt
3-Vince Young, Texas
4-Brodie Croyle, Alabama
5-Charlie Whitehurst, Clemson
6-Omar Jacobs, Bowling Green
7-Darrell Hackney, UAB
8-Barrick Nealy, Texas State
9-Kellen Clemens, Oregon
10-Reggie McNeal, Texas A&M

Barrick Nealy at #9 makes me DROOL if that is where he stays on most teams' boards. The 9th QB taken in 2005 was Dan Orlovsky in the mid-5th. In 2004, it was Josh Harris in the late 6th round. In 2003, it was Drew Henson in the mid 6th round. In 2002, Brandon Domon in the late 5th.

So #9 means between late 5th and late 6th, more often than not. Getting Barrick Nealy with our 6th round pick would cause me to go dancing through the streets. Here are my rankings...maybe it will be a shocker.

1. Matt Leinart
2. Vince Young
3. Jay Cutler
4. Brodie Croyle
5. Barrick Nealy
6. Darrell Hackney
7. Omar Jacobs
8. Charlie Whitehurst
9. Erik Meyer
10. Kellen Clemens
11. Bruce Gradkowski
12. DJ Shockley
13. Josh Betts

Notable Undrafteds: Drew Olson, Paul Pinegar, Brett Basanez, Marcus Vick, Bruce Eugene, Travis Lulay, Ingle Martin.

Drafted as WRs: Michael Robinson, Reggie McNeal

SMadison29 said:
I currently have:
1-Matt Leinart, USC
2-Jay Cutler, Vanderbilt
3-Vince Young, Texas
4-Brodie Croyle, Alabama
5-Charlie Whitehurst, Clemson
6-Omar Jacobs, Bowling Green
7-Darrell Hackney, UAB
8-Barrick Nealy, Texas State
9-Kellen Clemens, Oregon
10-Reggie McNeal, Texas A&M

Better

Ratings as I see it, as of now...

1- Leinart

2- Young

3- Cutler

4- Jacobs

5- McNeal

6- Croyle

7- Olson

8- Whitehurst

9- Clemens

10- Shockley

M. Robinson and Vick will be the wild cards....one or both will be drafted....or one or both will be undrafted and signed....but they will both add something to the draft itself. IMHO....M. Robinson is a perfect Mueller type at QB...he fits a brooks type player....don't be surprised if the Dolphins don't use a 6th or 7th rounder on him.

Back
Top Bottom