Collier to be OC if turner leaves? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Collier to be OC if turner leaves?

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
From the Sun-Sentinel:

"While they don't want to lose Turner, the Dolphins have designated running backs coach Joel Collier as the leading contender to become offensive coordinator."

Does this make anyone else nervous?

Yes with Trestman and Sullivan as ex-OCs not getting a chance, but I guess he is qualified to get a chance as well
Mike Shula, quarterbacks coach until being named coach at the University of Alabama in May, wanted Collier to be the Crimson Tide's offensive coordinator. Collier decided to stay and was given more responsibilities on offense, helping Turner coach the quarterbacks.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...an26,0,4929431.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

What s/b his philosophy on O - Chan Gailey, Norv/Dallas 90's, WCO ???? who knows at this point

Norv c/come back

Almost makes you improve Ricky's fantasy draft slot right there. :)

Re: Re: Collier to be OC if turner leaves?

Originally posted by dolphan39

What s/b his philosophy on O - Chan Gailey, Norv/Dallas 90's, WCO ????

You left out Kippy "sock puppet" Brown .

It could be argued...

...that if you have no real offensive talent then there is no value in having a high-profile, well-respected offensive coordinator. I believe the term is having "no ambition to win, anything."

I thought the whole idea was to give offense a chance - not destroy it completely.

Genius co-ordinators have to come from somewhere. Given our offensive production in recent years, I find it hard to believe it can come from internal promotion.

Still, lets look forward to the draft in 2005...

But back to this season, Wanny starts calling all offensive plays having found that his choice for new OC sucks. Commentators refer to Wanny him as Jim Fassel waiting to happen. And sure enough, Jan 2005...

Re: Re: Re: Collier to be OC if turner leaves?

Originally posted by Agua
You left out Kippy "sock puppet" Brown .
did he have one :goof: ?

Our organization has to have some sense in the decisions they make. Us fans are so quick to judge every little thing they do, when I think we just need to give them time to prove themselves. If Collier is the leasing candidate, so be it. Why be nervous about it? They wouldnt hire some nutjob who didn't know how to work an offense unless they were confident he knew a little about the game.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Collier to be OC if turner leaves?

Originally posted by dolphan39
did he have one :goof: ?

Yup. How ya think he got the name "sock puppet"? :D

Originally posted by Dolphin Dan
Talk is that Jimmy Raye the Jets top Offensive Assistant has a shot at the OC Job.

Now THAT is depressing.

I'm not sure why it is so depressing for you.

Originally posted by Jaj
I'm not sure why it is so depressing for you.

Because the Jets' offense isn't really any better than the Dolphins' offense.

You kidding me? It's quite a bit above ours.

Originally posted by Jaj
You kidding me? It's quite a bit above ours.

In 2003, Miami scored 311 points, and the Jets only scored 283. I guess I don't see how that is "quite a bit" above ours.

Back
Top Bottom