Colt palyers fighting through it | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colt palyers fighting through it

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Maybe it will be good for Miami that they have no confidence in
their backup's that injuried payers for the colts have to Quote "fight throught it." LOL

Wednesday, October 29
FIGHTING THROUGH IT
By John Oehser - Colts.com

Diem, Glenn Hoping to Play Sunday
INDIANAPOLIS – The Colts’ health problems at offensive tackle continue.

One starter, Ryan Diem, is listed as doubtful, and the other – Tarik Glenn – is listed as questionable. The backup to both had to play through pain Sunday.

But there is good news for the Colts.

Diem said he believes he will play Sunday.

And Glenn said he believes he will, too.

“My gut feeling is I think I’ll be all right – it’s been getting better every day,†Diem said

Wednesday as the AFC South-leading Colts (6-1) prepared to play the Miami Dolphins at Pro Player Stadium Sunday at 1 p.m.

“I’m definitely looking forward to playing this week,†Glenn said.

Glenn, the starting left tackle, worked on a limited basis in practice Wednesday, while Diem did not, Colts Head Coach Tony Dungy said.

“Tarik did a little bit of work today,†said Dungy, who said he believes Glenn will play Sunday, while Diem’s status is more uncertain. “Ryan is feeling better. Right now, he’s doubtful, but I think we’re going to be OK in terms of having enough guys to play.â€Â

Diem, the Colts’ starting right tackle, missed three consecutive games before the Colts’ recent bye week with an ankle injury. He started against Houston this past Sunday, playing nearly a quarter before straining a muscle in his abdomen.

He missed the rest of the game, but said while he could barely sleep that night, the area has improved each day since.

“Now, it’s getting better,†Diem said. “I’m doing some exercises and getting treatment for it right now.â€Â

Diem, who said the ankle – while not 100 percent – is improving steadily, was replaced in the lineup Sunday by reserve Adam Meadows, who played through a knee injury Sunday. Meadows, who sustained the injury last week in practice, is listed as probable for Sunday and is the top backup at both right and left tackle.

Glenn, the starting left tackle, never missed an NFL start in seven seasons but has missed the last two games with a knee injury.

“We’re just trying not to do way too much early on in the week where my knee gets real sore at the end of the week,†Glenn said. “Unfortunately, it’s not 100 percent healed, but it should be good enough to go Sunday.â€Â

Rookie left tackle Makoa Freitas has started the last two games in Glenn’s place. If Diem can’t play Sunday, Meadows likely will start in his place.

The Colts’ injury report reads as follows:

Running back James Mungro (knee, out), linebacker Jim Nelson (clavicle, out), Diem (abdomen, doubtful), defensive tackle Montae Reagor (chest, doubtful), tight end/fullback Dallas Clark (hamstring, questionable), Glenn (knee, questionable), cornerback Joseph Jefferson (pelvis, questionable), running back Ricky Williams (ankle, questionable), cornerback Cliff Crosby (groin, probable), cornerback Walt Harris (knee, probable), Meadows (knee, probable), running back Dominic Rhodes (knee, probable), guard Steve Sciullo (knee, probable) and wide receiver Troy Walters (knee, probable).

Reagor, who was injured while lifting weights, won’t play against the Dolphins, Dungy said. Josh Williams will start and second-year defensive tackle Brandon Hicks – resigned early this week after being released late last week – will play extensively, Dungy said.

To make room for Hicks on the active roster, offensive tackle Jim Newton was waived and re-signed to the practice squad.

Clark, the Colts’ first-round selection in last April’s NFL Draft, missed Sunday’s game wth the injury and did not play Sunday. If he doesn’t practice by the end of the week, he likely will be inactive Sunday, Dungy said.

“Hopefully, he can get some work in by Friday,†Dungy said.

Dungy also said Williams, who missed last week’s game with the ankle injury, worked on a limited basis and may have a chance to play Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom