Colts DT's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colts DT's

Surferosa

Run to Daylight
Reaction score
The Colts are in big trouble at DT. Josh Williams and James Cannida, their top 2 DT's, are both injured and wont play this week. Ellis Johnson, their starter last year and throughout much of the preseason, was cut.

I know NOrv mixed things up a little bit last week, but I see us playing smash mouth football on Sunday to set up the passing game, not sweeps to the outside like last week.

The best thing about Norv is....he'll go with whatever works.If that means abusing Larry Tripplet and David Pugh...oh well.....

luckily for the Colts they have turned over most of their D since the playoff loss in 2000, but the survivors may be having 40 carry for 209 yard Lamar flashbacks :eat:

dungy's defensive scheme usually works, but it's really early in the season. you don't just put a defense together in a couple months, and expect a superbowl.

i think the dolphins should be able to both run and pass for a lot of yards (and points), because of the high turnover rate they had with their personnel.

in a couple of years, though, we may be glad they're not in our division (and have to play them twice a season).

They have a small front that uses quickness...well that won't work with us when you're guys are late rd picks and undrafted guys.

I hope Pollard doesn't play so we can concentrate on the RB out of backfield and their WR deep.

Smoke screen...

I know that Norv likes to "take what the opposing defense gives us" but I'd really like to see us BUST OUT with 200+ rushing yards. How does this sound? Ricky runs for over 100 AND Edwards runs for over 100? :rocker:

Seriously, I know I'm just having fun and that I'm no offensive guru :p, but I think it would be smart/cool to keep things on the ground so as to prevent the Jets from seeing the arial assault we're going to SMACK them down with! (Remember, their secondary is an "open wound" while their LB's and defensive line remain pretty damn quick.)

Anyway, that's how I would plan it.

Any thoughts?

By the way... :monkey: JETS

Look for Miami to run between the tackles this week to exploit the Colts thin DT position. Scioli their DE is moving inside and rookie 2nd rd pick Tripplett and rookie FA Brock moving to DE. Nails, Ruddy, and Perry must win the position battle. Once that gets going, Wade and Dixon must abuse the young DE's so that Williams can turn the corner on some power sweeps.
The firepower of the Colts will dictate that Miami must win the time of posession. Grinding the ball down their throats with the inside run and throwing short intermediate passes to the RB's and TE. Look for quick slants that gain 7-12 yards for the WR's.

Originally posted by inFINSible
The best thing about Norv is....he'll go with whatever works.If that means abusing Larry Tripplet and David Pugh...oh well.....

How bout running outside to wear down the DT's since there are few backups? how bout running draws and screens to tire there a$$ out? how bout running ricky right at them! how bout QB draw? either way, i think Indy is in trouble. If ricky is on your fantasy team, you be real stupid not to start him.

This will probably turn into a Chris Chambers show...because I think the safeties will play up to help with the run game..Cover 2 might not be a true cover 2 this week..but a cover run...They will defintely bliss a lot on passing downs trying to disrupt the flow of the passing game..check downs to rick and konrad will be keepers or just throw it away Jay..may be smart plays.

A shootout?

DOes anyone think that this game might turn out to be a shoot out? I mean the Colts have arguably the best offense in the NFL, next to the Rams; and the Fins looked like if they can score 35 a game. I believe the key for us to win will be a couple of turnovers, Manning tends to throw int's in bunches, maybe we can force a couple with some timely blitzing, now that Pollard is out. My prediction Dolphins 35 Colts 17.

I think it'll be a shootout if Madison doesn't play. I don't trust Jamar Fletcher and Ray Green against those receivers, they are too good. I know everone wants Pollard to not play, but I want him to. That way there will be no excuses when we beat them......

You think Fletch is not good...wait till you see Green trying to stya with Reggie Wayne or the missle.

Thats exactly the match-up that scares me. Fletcher played against this same Colts O last season, so he is atleast aware of what to expect. Green, on the other hand, is about to match up with Reggie Wayne, who probably wants to put up big numbers to show why he was 1st round pick. Still, if Sam is hurting, even a little, he should still sit. No sense on taking a chance, especially during a non-divisional game......

Jacksonville pushed Indy's front 7 around last week with one of the few o-lines that may be worse than ours. Smash mouth and feild postion will help our d stay fresh and will keep Indy with 80 yards in front of them. I would put money on Miami's d causeing at least 3 turnovers.

Back
Top Bottom