Colts Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colts Game

Orange FinFan

Starter
Reaction score
For everyone that watched the game did anyone see if there was anyone open in the endzone on that last play?

Wanne has said that the WRs were open

here is what Griese said
(On who the last play was designed to go to) – “I would’ve liked to have a chance to see who came open. I’m looking forward to seeing the film. We had Randy (McMichael) on a corner route and Chris Chambers was coming right behind him so if they jumped Randy, I was going to give the ball to Chris and if they laid back to Chris, I was going to give the ball to Randy.
http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/fromthegame/fromthegame.asp?docid=12860&section=12965

Randy McMichael said he was wide open and Donald Lee was even more open.. Maybe he wasnt talking about the last play.. Without a doubt, had Freeney been blocked 1 second longer.. Griese would of delivered, he did all day.. Very unfortunate.. I dont understand whow the rookie could just let him go by like that.. :nono:

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Randy McMichael said he was wide open and Donald Lee was even more open.. Maybe he wasnt talking about the last play.. Without a doubt, had Freeney been blocked 1 second longer.. Griese would of delivered, he did all day.. Very unfortunate.. I dont understand whow the rookie could just let him go by like that.. :nono:
i didn't see it, but my son has direct tv and tivo, and he said he watched it several times and said ricky williams tried to double team and hit smith and knocked him off freeney! he was quite positive about it!:(

Originally posted by dolfan06
i didn't see it, but my son has direct tv and tivo, and he said he watched it several times and said ricky williams tried to double team and hit smith and knocked him off freeney! he was quite positive about it!:(
exactly, it was either Ricky's fault if he was supposed to chip Freeley or just bad luck :(

Even without the hit Freeney would have got to Griese, but I think he would have have a second or two more to make the play.

We will never know.

Ricky missed his assignment on the most crucial play of the game. Chip the DE... not his own fricking man. Poor miss for Ricky, you have to help out when you dont have the ball too...Last I counted , it was 11 on a side.

Originally posted by dolphan39
exactly, it was either Ricky's fault if he was supposed to chip Freeley or just bad luck :(
both i'd say, although if it weren't for bad luck the fins wouldn't have any luck at all!;)

Not to nitpick or "bail ricky out" but He blew by Smith so fast that Ricky blocked where he should have been, Freeny just bent Smith over on that play

Originally posted by SuavePhin
Not to nitpick or "bail ricky out" but He blew by Smith so fast that Ricky blocked where he should have been, Freeny just bent Smith over on that play

it was my impression that smith was lined up a bit inside too much and freeney just knew he had the outside and could cut in with his small body. smith didnt even lay a hand on him.

Back
Top Bottom