Colts vs Phins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colts vs Phins

I can see Fiedler making his usual two bone head throws. Question is weather Indy will catch or drop them and what our D does once he does. Did you see him throw two to the DB's against Detroit just like Kordell.

I think if Pollard and Cannida can't go that's huge for us.

Ricks gave Zach all kinda of trouble last week and Pollard is twice the TE Ricks is.

Cannida is quick and can give our big G some trouble...their backup is an undrafted rookie I believe...Josh Mallard.

Anyway, either way we should win if we play our game and not turn the ball over.

They were starting Cannida & the rookie Tripplett (but have Josh Williams listed as the starter on their depth chart). Looks like they will start Tripplett & Williams but then they only have 270 lb David Pugh a 6th round draft pick this year as the only other DT on the roster however they list starting LDE Brad Scioli ahead of Pugh on the depth chart. Mallard was a 7th rnd pick - he's a 254 lb DE (although he's also listed at DT).
While looking this up I noticed they only carry 7 OL on their roster - don't know that I'd want to go into a season with only 7 OL

Josh Williams won't be back until after the bye week from what I have heard.

Every DL can play every position and they do. We are undersized on the line, but it designed to be that way.

I am not taking this game as an easy game and if I was a Dolphin fan I wouldn't either. Remember we roasted the first two teams that we played last year by scoring over 40 points in each game, only to get spanked by the Pats in game 3.

Week 1 means nothing in the NFL. Didn't the Pats lose their first two games last year? We are a long way from knowing who is fo real and who isn't. ;)

We still need to be focus when we play this game..We've been successful playing in their stadium..but we've got to forget the Lions and move on...the O won't look as good every week...and as Burnette stated..How do we react to adversity..The Colts can score and James will probably improve each week, as he didn't play the whole preseason and he still got 99 yards...that makes me think right there.

My hope is that Miami is not look past Colts at the Jets. While I think they will be better this year Miami should still beat them I'll guess 31-17

I think Ricky WIll be the difference in this game. I had hoped for a closer game against Detroit to get their heads into this game and I hope they have a good week of practice. Wanny has to stay on them and not let them let up this week. Bates has to find a way to contain Harrison to under 100 yards and shut down the rest of the Colts receivers and RB's in the passing game as well as desguise some coverages to get a pic.

Closer then the Lions...yes. But I think we will wear out their defense because of the scheme's that Norv will use on them. Plus the fact that we'll, on average, use at least 7 different weapons on offense. Thats hard to defend against, for any team. But we all know that this isnt a team that will just roll over for us. We need to be ready. And I think we will.

KEY MATCHUPS!!

I think it will be as usual a CLOSE game in INDY!! I think the key matchup will be the COLTS potent passing game against our TOUGH secondary!! FLETCH better bring his A-GAME since I think they will go at him early!! Another area of concern is EDGE out of the backfield and getting LOCKED on D.RODGERS!! That's definately a matchup the COLTS and PEYTON love!! Let's hope the NORV's O keeps rolling and keeps PEYTON and the boys off the field!! Anyway you look at it it's always a THRILLER in INDY!!!!!

Pretty much the colts O and the phins D are pretty much the same as last year so there shouldn't be any difference there.

However the phins O is much more improved while the colts D is only slightly better then last year.

Phins 27 - Colts 17

Re: KEY MATCHUPS!!

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
I think it will be as usual a CLOSE game in INDY!! I think the key matchup will be the COLTS potent passing game against our TOUGH secondary!! FLETCH better bring his A-GAME since I think they will go at him early!! Another area of concern is EDGE out of the backfield and getting LOCKED on D.RODGERS!! That's definately a matchup the COLTS and PEYTON love!! Let's hope the NORV's O keeps rolling and keeps PEYTON and the boys off the field!! Anyway you look at it it's always a THRILLER in INDY!!!!!

It's obvious that you have been through this before. ;)

If it's one thing that I have learned over the years, it's not to get ****y about this game. LOL

When the Colts and Dolphins play it's usually a war.

I'm a Miami fan, always have been. And I've lived in Indy as well. I've always liked the feud between the teams as it was always a great game. I'll miss it next year.

Back
Top Bottom