"Comedy of errors" in Jacksonville | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Comedy of errors" in Jacksonville

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Not really sure what Jacksonville was doing, they screwed up big time. At least make the contract difficult for the Browns to match. :bobdole:

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=30951

Perhaps the biggest favor done by the Jaguars, however, is keeping the contract free of any bonus money. For example, if Mack opts out after two years, the Browns would face no bonus acceleration charge on their salary cap.

A league source monitoring the Mack proceedings intently said of Jacksonville's participation, "Nothing genius happened here. This was a comedy of errors."

Asked what the Jaguars could have done within league rules to get the Browns not to match, the source said, "Guarantee the whole deal for five years."

I'd expect nothing less from two teams trying to pay that much for a center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stand by my absurd contention that the Jacksonville Jaguars are indeed trying to play out the plot of the film MAJOR LEAGUE and tanking so hard that they can move the team without much backlash.

I'd expect nothing less from two teams trying to pay that much for a center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but watch the masses on here suggest we should pay Pouncey a little more than that and go bonkers if we dont.

Yes, but watch the masses on here suggest we should pay Pouncey a little more than that and go bonkers if we dont.

I'd expect nothing less from us, considering we've been in the same boat as those two teams over the past decade. Actually, the Jags top us with a playoff win. Puts us closer to Cleveland.

Back
Top Bottom