Commentary: Dolphins Mock Draft v2.0 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Commentary: Dolphins Mock Draft v2.0

I like Ronnie Brown. But I just don't know that we'll take him #2 overall.

Do you think the Dolphins would actually draft Smith or Edwards if they're available in a gamble to facilitate a trade?? If so, which player do you think they'd pick??

I think if we don't trade down, Saban will take Edwards for two reasons.

1. Hope somebody will trade for him.
2. He is the BPA on the board!

No, I don't.

I don't see what value Edwards will have for Miami other than a trade bit, and if teams won't give value for the 2nd pick to get him, I don't see them giving value to get him from Miami if they did take him.

Edwards is a bluff, IMO. If Minnesota and Washington really think we will take him, maybe that will make them pony up to get the deal done.

Otherwise, I believe Miami will take Ronnie Brown. I think the comment that was made earlier in the week about the Dolphins not contacting Ronnie in over a month is just something to add to the bluff.

Maybe I'm the only one with this opinion but I have not seen one mock with us taking a TE. While I do not believe it is a pressing need, I think there is a chance we draft one. With Randy's extension anything but imminent and D Lee's propensity for ME's it could be possibilty. Also with Coach Linehan using alot of H-Back we might see one taken. KB what do you think of Garrett Cross from Cal and is he in that 5th round area?

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I think if we don't trade down, Saban will take Edwards for two reasons.

1. Hope somebody will trade for him.
2. He is the BPA on the board!

He's the BPA on whose board? Who is to say that Nick Saban doesn't have Ronnie Brown as the top player overall in this draft? It is just nonsensical to me to take a player with the second pick that will not start for you in his rookie season, unless that player is a quarterback, when you have a player that not only would start for your team but will almost assuredly gain over 1,500 total yards of offense with his skills in his rookie season.

Ronnie Brown is the pick if we stay at two because he makes the most sense, and he's also rated high enough to go that high.

fins2923 said:
Maybe I'm the only one with this opinion but I have not seen one mock with us taking a TE. While I do not believe it is a pressing need, I think there is a chance we draft one. With Randy extension anything but imminent and D Lee's propensity for ME's it could be possibilty. Also with Coach Linehan using alot of H-Back we might see one taken. KB what do you think of Garrett Cross from Cal and is he in that 5th round area?

Garrett Cross is a priority free agent, IMO.

Steve S said:
3rd round is way too high for Greene. I'd much rather see a DT, S or Andrew Walter or even Klye Orton over Greene who is too limited athletically to be worth the #70 overall pick.

Yeah. Let's ignore Greene's obvious passing skills and knock him because he doesn't run around like a chicken with his head cut off similar to the way that a guy like Adrian McPherson does.

Let's ignore the fact that Greene is very accurate, has great pocket presence, and is the best two minute quarterback in this draft. After all, he is a quarterback. Everyone knows that a quarterback is supposed to run the ball first and throw the ball second.

I think it is more likely that we select Braylon Edwards at the #2 than Ronnie Brown. If Saban decides to stay at the #2, I just don't see him not taking the best player available, which in my opinion is Braylon Edwards. Personally, I would draft Mike Williams over any of the top three backs. My draft chart would be like this:

Braylon Edwards
Alex Smith
Mike Williams
Ronnie Brown
Cedric Benson
Antrel Rolle
Cadillac Williams
Aaron Rodgers

KB21 said:
Yeah. Let's ignore Greene's obvious passing skills and knock him because he doesn't run around like a chicken with his head cut off similar to the way that a guy like Adrian McPherson does.

Let's ignore the fact that Greene is very accurate, has great pocket presence, and is the best two minute quarterback in this draft. After all, he is a quarterback. Everyone knows that a quarterback is supposed to run the ball first and throw the ball second.

I have to go with KB on this one. From what I've seen on Greene, I think he can be a solid NFL QB one day if he's in the right situation.

Back
Top Bottom