Commentary: Dolphins' Saban should pass on Brees | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Commentary: Dolphins' Saban should pass on Brees

Actually...

Jimmy James said:
Mr. Stoda, what you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent commentary were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

This response, and the others of similar ilk would seem to me to be more acts of sheer desperation than any semblance of a rational thought process. Wanting Brees to be the quarterback is one thing. Calling someone "incoherent" because of an article which says a lot about the approach Brees has set up, and whether or not the team should be begging him to condescend to play for the Dolphins is something else again. You may not agree with him, but his points are both rational and cogent. At this point, virtually everyone has made points in favor of both Brees and Culpepper assuming they will return to the skill level they had before their respective injuries - and seem entirely willing to gamble the near furture of the franchise on that assumption. That is known as "buying a pig in a polk," and is not usually considered smart. Since we don't have access to either sets of medical records, or even qualified opinions outside of what a reporter has given us, I'm not that inclined to anoint either one of the two in question as the "football messiah" for the Dolphins. I would suggest that it is time to stop reacting with our gonads, and actually employ some thought. Does the team need to break the bank for either of two quarterbacks who because of pre-existing conditions never live up the expectations which will most certainly be heaped upon them? I think not. Do the Dolphins need to exercise due diligence - which is being denied them in the case of Culpepper. I certainly think so, and would because of the denial, not have anything to do with the Culpepper situation at all.

We need to all take a deep breath, and step back from the rhetoric because of emotional connections to the team. Maybe the most rational thing is to look elsewhere, and be patient. Bandwagons often end up in the ditch alongside broken dreams and disappointments.

Yeah guys, we shouldn't be going at a proven quarterback when there are plenty of back-ups on the market

a good defense would can beat Brees, but it takes a defense to win a championship anyways. good luck Drew! Your blowing it!

RevRick said:
This response, and the others of similar ilk would seem to me to be more acts of sheer desperation than any semblance of a rational thought process. Wanting Brees to be the quarterback is one thing. Calling someone "incoherent" because of an article which says a lot about the approach Brees has set up, and whether or not the team should be begging him to condescend to play for the Dolphins is something else again. You may not agree with him, but his points are both rational and cogent. At this point, virtually everyone has made points in favor of both Brees and Culpepper assuming they will return to the skill level they had before their respective injuries - and seem entirely willing to gamble the near furture of the franchise on that assumption. That is known as "buying a pig in a polk," and is not usually considered smart. Since we don't have access to either sets of medical records, or even qualified opinions outside of what a reporter has given us, I'm not that inclined to anoint either one of the two in question as the "football messiah" for the Dolphins. I would suggest that it is time to stop reacting with our gonads, and actually employ some thought. Does the team need to break the bank for either of two quarterbacks who because of pre-existing conditions never live up the expectations which will most certainly be heaped upon them? I think not. Do the Dolphins need to exercise due diligence - which is being denied them in the case of Culpepper. I certainly think so, and would because of the denial, not have anything to do with the Culpepper situation at all.

We need to all take a deep breath, and step back from the rhetoric because of emotional connections to the team. Maybe the most rational thing is to look elsewhere, and be patient. Bandwagons often end up in the ditch alongside broken dreams and disappointments.

Good points all, but it's a "pig in a poke" (;-)

RevRick said:

And I think some are taking this response a little too seriously. I thought it was funny.:lol:

PassRush said:
A simple "no" would have sufficed(I believe the quote is)
No I believe the whole post had to be read. I agree with JJ 100%.

Fact is, we won six games straight and raised our points per game from 16.2 (first 10 games) to 27 (last six games) just by bringing Scott Linehan down to the sideline and coming together as an offense. I think that says we probably shouldn't be desperate about anyone.

Back
Top Bottom