Commentary: The Possibilities | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Commentary: The Possibilities

I very much hope we do get Ronnie, but my gut feeling tells me after we trade with Minnesota, Cadillac Williams will be the newest Fin, and I ain't exactly gonna be pouting if that's the case.

Its Braylon Edwards. Just drop the Ronnie Brown thang already. Not happenin.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I very much hope we do get Ronnie, but my gut feeling tells me after we trade with Minnesota, Cadillac Williams will be the newest Fin, and I ain't exactly gonna be pouting if that's the case.

Same here. It'd be nice to get Ronnie at #7 but if he isn't available I wouldn't be upset with Caddy. I wouldn't mind Benson at #7 either.

I really want to see Ronnie Brown running for us next season.

Caddie is it true hes comaprable to the "Priest" the sporting magazine compares him like Holmes. If so i like that. Ifind Caddie small though but i hear he has the best vison and route running

dominizzo said:
Ifind Caddie small though but i hear he has the best vison and route running

He has the best vision and cutback ability. Brown runs the best routes.

And supposedly Caddy is up to 215 lbs. now, which isn't bad.

I'd love to see Caddy here. He was 217 at the Combine in February.

I'd still dig us picking Smith at #2. I'm just not sold on Feeley. He reminds me too much of Ray Lucas. We need a legitimate, long-term solution at QB.

Muck said:
I'd still dig us picking Smith at #2. I'm just not sold on Feeley. He reminds me too much of Ray Lucas. We need a legitimate, long-term solution at QB.

But Muck, do you really think that either Smith or Rodgers is worthy of the first or second overall pick? I don't.

The only reason they are being considered is because they are quarterbacks. If these guys were in last year's draft they'd be late second or early third round picks.

I don't want to see Saban's first ever pick get busted on an over-hyped QB.

Trade down with Minny, and take the best RB at #7.

I think they'd still be first rounders. Late second, early third is stretching it IMO.

I can't pretend to be an expert on either guy because I've only seen a handful of their games. But if either guy is what they're built up to be, I'd take him. If I have my choice between drafting a perennial Pro Bowl QB and perennial Pro Bowl WR, I'm taking the QB every time.....even if the WR is rated just a bit higher on the draft board.

The QB is the catalyst of the offense. You can't win the Super Bowl with mediocrity at the position. And we're not winning the SB this year anyway. So I'd be happy with a QB if Saban deems it fit.

Muck said:
The QB is the catalyst of the offense. You can't win the Super Bowl with mediocrity at the position. And we're not winning the SB this year anyway. So I'd be happy with a QB if Saban deems it fit.

Correct, but Saban also said that taking a QB that high and basing your franchise on him is extremely risky. (Which I think goes without saying, and we knew this all along.)

Now, if we could combine Smith's intangibles, height and leadership with Rodger's arm strength, accuracy and weight into one QB, then I'd probably be agreeing with you.

Cadillac is 217 lbs right now, but I don't believe he will be able to hold the weight during the season. He's got a very narrow hip and leg build, and guys like that tend to lose the weight they gain. See Jason Taylor, who usually starts the season out at 260 but gets down to 240 by mid season.

I think Cadillac's playing weight will be around 205 lbs. I also think Ronnie will probably fall from the 2nd pick to the 7th pick if Miami were to trade down. Chicago wants Cedric Benson with the 4th pick. Ron Turner is Norv Turner's brother, and the style of offense he runs is almost the same as Norv's. The reason the Bears want Benson is his power running ability. Ron Turner is the type that wants a plugger in the backfield.....a guy who can run it up in between the tackles 15-20 times a game. Benson is their guy.

The only threat to take Ronnie Brown will be Tampa Bay at 5, and I believe they will go with Aaron Rodgers with that pick.

I dont know why poeple think the trade down is a done deal. You know we are not picking Brown at #2 so you project the next thing as trade down and get Brown. No way. I think alot of you will be pleasantly surprised. Consequently, if we trade down, I would not be surprised to see us draft Antrelle Rolle and watch Saban turn him into a safety. I would not be surprised to see us get a defensive player. But the first and foremost thing here is that are locked into two players: Smith and Edwards, and rightfully so. This is not a smokescreen. These are players that are worthy of the #2 spot value. We are not going to pick Edwards simply to trade down, we will pick Edwards because he will be our Probowl WR for years to come and if........and that is still a big if......the vikings give us the proper value for him in compensation. That is a tall order based on what we are hearing.

Back
Top Bottom