compare the 72' team and this one! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

compare the 72' team and this one!

we are hardly near having the #1 O and #1 D like only the '72 team had :rolleyes2

I tell you what we DO have. We have the best Time of Possession ratio in the league (tied with Tennessee). Not bad considering we lost the TOP battle against the Texans.

Then again we're the only defense in the league yet to force a fumble.

Originally posted by FACEMASK01
ok..i know it's early in the season, but has anyone taken the time to really see how the fins are playing football these days! i see alot of similarities between this dolphin team and the 72' team,.......... they say history always repeats it's self!

:goof:
So your referencing the 1972 UNDEFEATED Dolphin team to compare with this years team and adding that "history always repeats itself"......

Uh huhhhhhhhhhhh?????

Um The 2003 Dolphins already lost....... first game actually....:rolleyes:

Guess the history repeating itself reference with this team just went out the window.

Could this team win the Super Bowl? Sure but if you still think they have a chance at going undefeated.... history repeating....
then you better have a time machine and put them in it.

Originally posted by Agua

No $hit. As I said initially, Ricky's a more productive back than Csonka; just as tough and more elusive.

That's like saying Chambers is a more productive pass catcher than Randy McMichael. Two totally different positions. OYE!

The Worst TB in the league, 99.9% of the time will still be more productive than the best FB! There is no sense in comparing the two and if you insisted on doing so it sure would'nt be a revelation that the TB has better overall talent and numbers!

The fact that Csonka had numbers comparable to tailbacks playing FB is simply unbelievable and nothing more needs to be said about Zonk.... the hall of famer!

Anyone want to compare Rob Konrad with Walter Payton now? :lol:

The biggest difference in 72 and 2003 is the Offensive line. The 72 line was awesome. I think one of the best Oline's in history. That is the reason csonk was so powerful and he said so in his speach last year. He would hit a huge hole and not get touched for at least a couple of yards and then he could put his powerful punch on them.

Back
Top Bottom