Rec Yards TD AVG
89 1109 8 12.5

Michael Clayton 6'2" - 4.6 in 40 YD
Rec Yards TD AVG
78 1079 10 13.8

Lee Evans 5'11" - 4'3" in 40 YD
Rec Yards TD AVG
64 1213 13 19.0

I think we should draft Rashaun Woods or Lee Evans based on these numbers. We want to draft a "football" player who produces and not get so caught up in that the guy is this height or this fast. As long as the guy is productive and has talent we should get him and based on this its Woods first or the 2nd option Evans.

Lee Evans would be good value. He's low because he blew out his knee a while ago. He was at one point considered the best prospect for this draft class, but teams were wondering if he'd get the same explosion back.

He ran a 4.34 or 4.37 at the combine. I think its safe to say, that its back.

Rashaun Woods impresses me too...a lot of production for him. But it scares me that his numbers are really turning out to be better than everyone thought they'd be. Means he's 6'1" but plays like he's short, and he runs a 4.45 but plays like he runs a 4.55 or worst. Meanwhile Mike Clayton is considered a tall big guy and plays fast like he runs a 4.4, and scouts were surprised when he ran more like a 4.7 or 4.6 in the forty. Its a tough decision. A lot of guys if they play fast then that carries over to the NFL. And if they play slow then, well you get the idea.

Tough tough decisions. Thats why I'm glad I'm not in charge because to be honest I could not choose between Woods, Evans, Clayton, and Williams.

well you cant judge a player on just those numbers you also have to look at who they played against their schedule and conference as well. that being said id take woods at #20!!

Thats the thing though you're balancing a couple of things. There's production which you always wanna see. Then there's the skills and moves you see on the field, have to pay close attention to that. Then on top of that you got the measurables at the combine that help you tell if what you were seeing on tape was a fluke against lesser opponents or a product of system or if they can do it in the NFL.

Rashaun's profile is an odd one. He looks good on the combine measurables (4.45 in the forty, 6'1" with a 39" vertical? Are you KIDDIN me?) and his production is fantastic. BUT, on the field he just doesn't show you the moves or the speed, and he leaves you often wondering how he managed to rack up all that production.

On the one hand he could be another Marvin Harrison. On the other hand there's a strong possibility that he was open a lot because of the system and opponents, despite his athleticism.

Back
Top Bottom