Compensatory picks in 2014 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Compensatory picks in 2014

I don't understand the guidelines, and have seen and heard guys wh work for the NFL say the same. It is complicated. They bring in the salary of players but, is it that year's salary or the average salary or the guaranteed salary? The salaries for Wallace, Ellerbe, and Wheeler were all $1M last year. The players we lost appear to have had better years than what we signed but, what is that based on? Do they use PFF? lol

And do players we re-signed count, as technically they were FA but, some were re-signed early. No one knows or, at least me.

I don't understand the guidelines, and have seen and heard guys wh work for the NFL say the same. It is complicated. They bring in the salary of players but, is it that year's salary or the average salary or the guaranteed salary? The salaries for Wallace, Ellerbe, and Wheeler were all $1M last year. The players we lost appear to have had better years than what we signed but, what is that based on? Do they use PFF? lol

And do players we re-signed count, as technically they were FA but, some were re-signed early. No one knows or, at least me.

I believe its a combination of total contract value and performance. Of course most view contracts in terms of guaranteed money these days but I doubt those in the league office have caught up to the times.

Players a team re-signs don't count. Teams are being rewarded for building from within.

I'm pretty sure it's position based as well. The interesting is smith who got a big deal and we signed grimes toa one year. We should probably get a 4 for long and a 4/5 for bush.

The Patriots will probably get 2 first round picks and a second because Brady's finger had a blister. New rule change.

That makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to explain, as it was far from clear, and my apology.
No apology necessary, I wasn't very clear from the get go. The 'formula' on this is secret so in the long run we are all just making educated guesses on how it works.

Back
Top Bottom