Compensentory Picks??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Compensentory Picks???

Wdolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
When will they be announced? Best guess where Miami will fall, Anyone?

Miami lost Bromell,Mixon,Turk,Lamar Smith,Terry Cousin,Brian Walker,D.Gardner, Others?

They Picked up Clark,Chester,Royals, Others?

Jay Williams & Ricky "TheOne" Williams were both trades so they don't count right?

So does that mean Miami nets 4 or 5 comp picks? Seeing that Clark hardley played. Brian Walker started 8 games & played in 10 for det. Do They have to play in like 80% or something like that?

THX!

Sheesh,

I just read the Thread, "What draft picks do we have?"

4 or 5? Man was I dreaming. I will now slither away.

Max. a team can be awarded is 4.

NFL awards a total of 32 comp picks throughout the league

Instead of awarding 2 5th's, the NFL could award a 4th so as to conserve number of picks.

Many factors are considered in the compensation formula, but really the no. of UFAs lost vs. the no. of UFAs signed is not one of them.

Performance, salary, post season awards, among other things contribute to how comp picks are determined.

I presently feel that Miami will be awarded 5th & 6th, but it also depends on what comp picks other teams get and it's possible that Miami could get just a 4th or 2 5th's......time will tell.

Its not announced until February

at League Meetings...I called the NFL last year to find out.

We will not be penalized for picking up Clark, he was off waivers. Gardener was released therefore no compensation. The punters balance each other out. We also signed Rob Burnett. Miami is hopeful for 2-3 picks from rounds 4-7. Hoping but not expecting a late 3rd rounder. The formula is realitvely simple but it didn't pan out correct last year so that makes it a guessing game. My prediction is a 5th and 6th rounder. I would be stoked if we got a 4th.

No way a 3rd coming your way. That has been historically reserved for teams that lose "top UFAs" like the Bills did in DE Marcellus Wiley. None of your losses come close to that. I could see a 4th (instead of 5th & 6th) and a 7th, but I just can't see how the NFL will give ya 3 picks when they only have 32 to award. Miami lost 6 players but signed 3. Miami should only get 2

BTW: Cris Carter will not hurt your compensation formula because he missed as many games as he played.

FYI: Bills are not getting any comp picks because the impact of UFAs signed >>> UFAs lost. Possibly 2004 draft.

Walker was hurt a lot for Detroit so that may hurt, Bromell played all year but came off the bench. Mixon started all year, and I think Smith started 14 games. It almost seems like a joke to receive comp for him, lol. Anybody miss him? Didn't think so.

A pure guess on comp picks...

One 6 and One 7...

gut feeling is that the NFL will screw Miami.

Fins lost 5 starters via F/A - Walker, Falou, Goodwin, Mixon and Smith. Add Turk, Brommell.

everybody keeps forgetting spencer folau!!!! he started all year in new orleans and was PRODUCTIVE!!!!!!!! sure he sucked here, but he will be part of the equation!!!!

I have a feeling the Dolphins are going to make a pick package and trade up to the first round or to have 2 2nd round picks.

They feel this could be the last year to win it, so they want to get some impact players.

Just a thought

I thought I read somewhere Lamar Smith hurt us by not finishing the season, something about playing time he didn't reach...

Originally posted by Migs182005
I have a feeling the Dolphins are going to make a pick package and trade up to the first round or to have 2 2nd round picks.

They feel this could be the last year to win it, so they want to get some impact players.

Just a thought

I don't think the dolphins have the ammo to trade into the 1st round......unless they traded a player.

Back
Top Bottom