Concerned about the new forum rules (thread moves) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Concerned about the new forum rules (thread moves)

Stacks said:
Ok cool. So is kastofsna banned for life or is it a temp ban? I thought he was fun to read. He pushed it sometimes but I thought he was pretty funny. Just wondering if he's coming back or not. Thanks dude.
Sadly, after repeated warnings and TOS violations, he was giving a permaban. From time to time people have come back from one, but it is rare.

Wildbill3 said:
IF you have a problem with how we are doing our job(s), by all means, make your concerns known in the proper area. Let us worry about which threads get moved and which ones stay. (BTW this one stays because it directly affects the dolphins...) There is no need to derail a thread with unneeded criticism. Thank you.

Well, I was just giving him a heads up.. I wasnt trying to derail anything. But could you address my later statements in this thread?

The prior threads that stand out to me concerned Rivers, when he was getting playtime, several us posted threads in the Dolphins forum as "scouting" to give people a heads up because Rivers was somebody the Dolphins might pursue, thus Dolphin related.. Recently, a thread I made concerning what Nick Saban would DEMAND for Ricky in a trade was moved to the Free Agents forum, then subsequently merged with a gazilion Ricky threads.. First of all, I do not understand what Ricky has to do with Free Agency, and secondly, it is rather annoying (for everyone I assume) to try to track down their post in a thread that has been merged to infinity..

And seeing as how this post in question was mainly related to another team and another coordinator, if the mods practiced consistency, I would assume it would be moved as well, but apparently I am mistaken. I apologize to Nubs for "derailing" his thread, but I was just attempting to give him some insight to the "new rules" as I saw them. I guess I am still rather unclear as to these new rules, because I still think a post regarding Cam Cameron is not Dolphin related, and thus, should be moved by mod standards of practice.

SkapePhin said:
Well, I was just giving him a heads up.. I wasnt trying to derail anything. But could you address my later statements in this thread?

The prior threads that stand out to me concerned Rivers, when he was getting playtime, several us posted threads in the Dolphins forum as "scouting" to give people a heads up because Rivers was somebody the Dolphins might pursue, thus Dolphin related.. Recently, a thread I made concerning what Nick Saban would DEMAND for Ricky in a trade was moved to the Free Agents forum, then subsequently merged with a gazilion Ricky threads.. First of all, I do not understand what Ricky has to do with Free Agency, and secondly, it is rather annoying (for everyone I assume) to try to track down their post in a thread that has been merged to infinity..

And seeing as how this post in question was mainly related to another team and another coordinator, if the mods practiced consistency, I would assume it would be moved as well, but apparently I am mistaken. I apologize to Nubs for "derailing" his thread, but I was just attempting to give him some insight to the "new rules" as I saw them. I guess I am still rather unclear as to these new rules, because I still think a post regarding Cam Cameron is not Dolphin related, and thus, should be moved by mod standards of practice.
I can't comment on any specific threads, but keep in mind that mods are human too, and with the new forum rules, we have growing pains to go through also. So bear with us until we get this sports car running on all cylinders again.

As to the thread this was split from, it concerns dolphins staff, in that if this guy is hired by the rams, it leaves linehan all to us. Meaning this really does concern the dolphins, at least IMO.

Wildbill3 said:
Sadly, after repeated warnings and TOS violations, he was giving a permaban. From time to time people have come back from one, but it is rare.

:eek:

Sucks for him! Thanks for the answer Bill.

Personaly I think that the crackdown on apropriate forums is a good thing but honestly I think it is getting a bit too strict. I think a thread about, say, weather or not Jay Cutler will fall to our 16 pick for example, is directly related to the Dolphins and should not be moved. Just my two cents

Back
Top Bottom