Concerns about Larry Chester | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Concerns about Larry Chester

Originally posted by inFINSible

Why would any body lie about their size on the pro level?

I don't think it's so much the player lying as much as it's the team who fudges. It's just something that's done for whatever reason. When Daryl Gardener weighs 35lbs (of muscle) more than he's listed, that's an advantage for him. But some guys are like women I guess. Sometimes there's no need to know how much Ted Washington and Tony Siragusa really weigh. Maybe they do it just for fun (in Ted and Goose's case). Maybe it sets them up for verbal abuse they dont' want to take. At any rate, Zach Thomas being 5'11" 235 as opposed to 5'9" 225 just sounds better.

If you really want to see fudging, go check out the NBA's rosters. Guys will get up to 2 full inches added to their height. Especially when they sign their contracts. lol. Perfect example: Charles Barkley was listed at 6'6", 252 his entire career. He was really a shade below 6'4". And at the end of his career.....he wasn't anywhere near 252. :p

Muck is totally right ...I don't know why they list with their wrong info but it happens alot....

Back
Top Bottom