Confidants of Ross" informed that Stephen Ross "was ready to move on" from DT Ndamukong Suh. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Confidants of Ross" informed that Stephen Ross "was ready to move on" from DT Ndamukong Suh.

this team is at a crossroads. There are too many bad contracts with the same players as last year. same players will have same results. Miami should indeed be sellers and position themselves for being more competitive in 2019.

In essence if you cut him now and designate him a June 1st cut you save 17 this year and 15 next year but you still have 9 million and 13 million go off your cap for nothing.

So are you saying IF we cut him then we save 17 mil and lose 9 mil (net 8 mil) and next year net 2 mil?...

So we lose a player (another hole) and have 8 mil to replace him?....Would you do that? If so ...

What would you do with an extra 8 mil and the hole it created?

Just curious.....I don't think I would do that...looks like we just need to continue building through the draft with an eye on the future...we made our bed and have to lie in it....IMO

Have thought this signing was a mistake since we were first linked with interest in him, but I highly doubt you can move that contract

So are you saying IF we cut him then we save 17 mil and lose 9 mil (net 8 mil) and next year net 2 mil?...

So we lose a player (another hole) and have 8 mil to replace him?....Would you do that? If so ...

What would you do with an extra 8 mil and the hole it created?

Just curious.....I don't think I would do that...looks like we just need to continue building through the draft with an eye on the future...we made our bed and have to lie in it....IMO

The way I’m understanding it (forgive me if I’m wrong, contracts aren’t my strong suit) we would cut $26 million, have $9 million in dead money, leaving $17 million in net gain

If the team is a mediocre mess this year, I don't think you blame Gase. To me, it seems like Ross has gradually been pivoting towards Gase more and more, and more and more away from T-Bag, so we've got that going for us. In fact, I think he overruled T-Bag originally and made Gase "his guy", so he's got that going for him.

Should the team continue down this stretch it's on, I think T-Bag gets the axe, and I think Ross gives Gase either more personnel power, or brings in a guy that wants to work with Gase, like Brian Xanders, for example. Something to shake up the proverbial bottle of salad dressing a bit.

Gase is the guy least on the "hot seat", I see T-Bag getting dumped before I see Gase.

this team is at a crossroads. There are too many bad contracts with the same players as last year. same players will have same results. Miami should indeed be sellers and position themselves for being more competitive in 2019.

I don't know if we are at a "crossroads" but I do agree we will be shedding these terrible contracts after 2018. That is why i'd like to draft a DE, LB, and OL early in this draft to have in place to take over for next yrs roster dumps like Alonso, Branch, etc

yes i am sure they want $22m in dead cap space to cut an All-Pro talent. how is JLC employed?

Crazy thing is what ROI did they expect when they signed him? 25 sacks per year, 6 TDs? How would we ever get a return on a DT? Suh is great. But what a dumb amount of money to spend on the position.
I think the entire organization is on notice for 2018. Miss the playoffs again and I could see Ross pulling the plug. I was just looking over some of our biggest contracts on our 2019 cap:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphins

upload_2018-2-15_20-31-34.png

2019 projects to be a good year to blow it up. So, I'm curious just how much spending Ross will approve for this year.

I think the entire organization is on notice for 2018. Miss the playoffs again and I could see Ross pulling the plug. I was just looking over some of our biggest contracts on our 2019 cap:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphins

View attachment 10937

2019 projects to be a good year to blow it up. So, I'm curious just how much spending Ross will approve for this year.
If Jones and Stills continue to play well, I have no issue paying them those 2019 numbers. Tannehill needs to elevate to late 2016 status or I pull the plug on him and everyone else on that list.

The way I’m understanding it (forgive me if I’m wrong, contracts aren’t my strong suit) we would cut $26 million, have $9 million in dead money, leaving $17 million in net gain

Yes, $9 million in dead money this year, but also $13 million in dead money next year

Here are my thoughts. Hang onto players who are durable and productive. Suh and Landry are both. Miami needs more players like that, not fewer.

Can anyone seriously believe that a discreet billionaire like Mr Ross really rushed to give the scoop on ditching one of his top players, Ndamukong Suh to Jason LaCanfora? Mr Ross has adopted a policy of consciously not interfering in football matters, leaving it to the people he employs.
This is just another bogus article by JLC. How does this idiot still have a job?

We brought in Suh's old coaching staff only to cut Suh. Feels dirty.

Back
Top Bottom