Confident | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Confident

Chambers34Phins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have a feeling of confidence going into this game with Griese as our starter most likely. However, I felt confident with Lucas going in for Fiedler last year. But, I just have this feeling we are going to see some real spark from Griese Monday night.

As opposed to what...? Any pass offense would be a spark in our situation.

Griese has never been made out to be anything but a semi-refined clone of Jay Fiedler. The only hero in Monday's game will be created in the minds of those that are already biased against Fiedler- and already they are the pariah's of Miami fans.

The mounting problem that has been forming this year is that a change, any change, will bring forth a miraculous rebirth of the team. There is no mythical phoenix here. Lying in the ashes are years of offensive ineptitude- passing statistics and missed touchdowns strewn about like so much debris.

T$

Originally posted by TeeMoney
Griese has never been made out to be anything but a semi-refined clone of Jay Fiedler.

:rolleyes2

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

:rolleyes2

What, you don't appreciate the bannana that was thrown into your cage? Perhaps the realization that you are locked behind those bars has stupified you?

T$

What, you don't appreciate the bannana that was thrown into your cage? Perhaps the realization that you are locked behind those bars has stupified you?

T$

Was that suppose to be funny?

Originally posted by lotion
As opposed to what...? Any pass offense would be a spark in our situation.

How about any offense in general, have you seen our offense lately? We can't run either incase you hadn't noticed.

Griese has never been made out to be anything but a semi-refined clone of Jay Fiedler. The only hero in Monday's game will be created in the minds of those that are already biased against Fiedler- and already they are the pariah's of Miami fans.

The mounting problem that has been forming this year is that a change, any change, will bring forth a miraculous rebirth of the team. There is no mythical phoenix here. Lying in the ashes are years of offensive ineptitude- passing statistics and missed touchdowns strewn about like so much debris.

T$

Griese has been made out to be a pro bowl qb before, so dont say he has only been made out to be a semi-refined clone of Jay. I am not bias against fiedler, but I support and will defend anyone we have at qb, now that Griese looks to be the starter Monday night, I am behind him.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins

Griese has been made out to be a pro bowl qb before, so dont say he has only been made out to be a semi-refined clone of Jay. I am not bias against fiedler, but I support and will defend anyone we have at qb, now that Griese looks to be the starter Monday night, I am behind him.

what are you talking about? Teemoney is exactly right! Brian griese would be in the dolphin hall of fame if fans could vote today! he's a hero who hasn't played a down! the dolphins are predictable, and with a QB who's not 100% we'll still be predictable!

i'm all for giving him a chance. i'm am supporting him 100% because he'll be leading miami into battle monday! i hope he is a great player for us, but i see "he's gonna have like 300 yards!" and it makes me laugh! let the guy play before we make him out to be a messiah.

if brian griese passes for 500 yards and we lose the game i would be 75% of the people wouldn't care. i would like to see 150-200 yard passing, no mistakes and some clutch plays.

p.s. he was a probowler in a probowl offense, and didn't win jack.

Yea, but he was saying that was all he was ever made out to be, was a guy just like fiedler, when that is not true, because he made the pro bowl. Be it with a great offense or not he did it.

I'm not saying he is going to come out and throw 500 yards and 4 td's. I was just disputing that point made.

Griese may just have a big game. Don't ignore the coincidence of having a more intact OL tomorrow.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Yea, but he was saying that was all he was ever made out to be, was a guy just like fiedler, when that is not true, because he made the pro bowl.

When Brian Griese was on Miami's radar there was much discussion of his abilities. The general consensus is that Griese is a more accurate passer, but the arm strength is about equal and Fiedler is a better scrambler. This was all made with, obviously, the full knowledge of Griese's coming out year- when he was selected for the pro-bowl. Therefore my statement that Griese is a "more refined" Jay Fiedler. There are a number of QB's that make the pro-bowl and are but a flash in the pan, would you compare Stewart to Marino? Gannon to Montana? Well, you could compare them- but one simply does not stack up against the other. Alas, the scales are relative when comparing Griese and Fiedler.

T$

Maybe, just maybe this was a plot by Norv to get Jay out of the lineup. It seems to me Norv just could not get Jay to make the plays to compliment Norv's style, so Maybe Norv made it eaiser for Jay to exit stage left if you know what I mean. This is probably a stretch but hey, ya' never know.

I will be very puzzeled if we start to look like a very good O team. If this turns out to be the case (something I might add we will never know for sure) then Norv is the man and smarter then I thought. I for one hope that this happens..., the O turnning around and looking good, for whatever reason.

I for one don't like Jay, never have, never will. And since DW doesn't have the balls to take Jay out then maybe someone had to step in and make it for him. Like I said maybe a stretch, none the less we shall see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom