Consider this about the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Consider this about the draft

twg76

Proverbs 3:5-6
Reaction score
The Dolphins have the 16th pick in the first round. So instead of naming players who will go before Miami picks, it is easier to think about positions that will go before Miami picks.

Here is how I broke it down:

2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 2 O-line, 1 TE = 9 Offense players
2 DBs, 2 LBs, 2 D-line = 6 Defensive Players

Everyone knows that each draft is heavy with talent at different positions. So that may open up chances for Miami to grab high talent with the 16th pick.

Assuming the draft goes the way I listed above, Miami will not have a shot at any of the top 2 players at any position. For all the people on here that love Cutler, Young will probably have to declare for Miami to have a chance at getting Cutler in the first round. Also, I think this year's draft is loaded with quality D-linemen. That may open up a top 2 pick at another position for Miami.

If 4 D-linemen were to go before Miami instead of 2, it would probably open up something at LB or DB. I still do not think Huff will be available. Odds are that he will be the first DB chosen in the draft. If someone goes before him, Miami has a slightly better chance at getting him. If he somehow gets oevrlooked by two other DBs (which I doubt), Miami will be able to get him for sure. That is how it will work for every position.

Simply put: Miami will get the top 2 or 3 player at some position with their first pick. Forget about Miami getting the top player at any position unless they trade up.

Assuming Vince Young does not enter the draft, Cutler will go before Miami picks. If that happens and Miami does not go Qb with the first pick, they will turn to defense - most likely the secondary. Jimmy Williams and Michael Huff are the top two picks at DB in the draft right now. There is a good chance that Miami will NOT be able to get those guys. So that would force Miami to consider a player named Laron Landry from... ahem L.S.U. Hmm... Saban will definitely know this guy.

mcteems said:
The Dolphins have the 16th pick in the first round. So instead of naming players who will go before Miami picks, it is easier to think about positions that will go before Miami picks.

Here is how I broke it down:

2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 2 O-line, 1 TE = 9 Offense players
2 DBs, 2 LBs, 2 D-line = 6 Defensive Players

Everyone knows that each draft is heavy with talent at different positions. So that may open up chances for Miami to grab high talent with the 16th pick.

Assuming the draft goes the way I listed above, Miami will not have a shot at any of the top 2 players at any position. For all the people on here that love Cutler, Young will probably have to declare for Miami to have a chance at getting Cutler in the first round. Also, I think this year's draft is loaded with quality D-linemen. That may open up a top 2 pick at another position for Miami.

If 4 D-linemen were to go before Miami instead of 2, it would probably open up something at LB or DB. I still do not think Huff will be available. Odds are that he will be the first DB chosen in the draft. If someone goes before him, Miami has a slightly better chance at getting him. If he somehow gets oevrlooked by two other DBs (which I doubt), Miami will be able to get him for sure. That is how it will work for every position.

Simply put: Miami will get the top 2 or 3 player at some position with their first pick. Forget about Miami getting the top player at any position unless they trade up.
Good job and good way of breaking it down....one thing tho....we could get a top 2 at LB depending on what other teams think....there're 3 very good LB's,Hawk who'll be gone before our pick and then you have Ryan and Greenway.....another team could take Ryan and we could end up with Greenway...but I like Greenway better for our defence cos he's bigger.....also,there're a few LT in this draft and just cos 2 go before our pick doesn't mean that we couldn't end up with one that's better than one of them...I think after Ferguson there're 3 or 4 that are pretty even.Same thing with DT's...after Ngata,there're a few that are close so we'll have to wait and ssee who turns out to be better in the long run.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

Back
Top Bottom