Conspiracy Plot Thickens!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Conspiracy Plot Thickens!!!

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
The Pats are not a better team. They just have a MASTERMIND running the team. The Players are not even close in talent compared to the Phins or many other teams across the league. But the Coach is one of the best of making 11 men play as ONE!!!!

Hats off to the Pats....Congrats on Winning the AFC EAST!!!

They are a better team!!!!! The fins may have better talent but make no mistake. The Pats are a solid unit/team. The coach is part of the team .

Right now , the Pats are 'arguably' the best team in the NFL.

I don't know about you guys, but I've been to a bunch of live games, and I was never told about a massive conspiracy to fool the TV audience...

We the Patriots first won the superbowl in the 2001 season, a friend of mine who is a Steelers fan tried telling me it was all fixed. If 9/11 and the Patriots winning the SB were the only two factors, a moron could possibly be swayed to think it's a conspiracy...but as a couple of people have said, it's too large to cover up without screwups...

I have seen jealousy, but this is ridiculous. Like fin-atic said, it would take so many people to fix a game. Thousands and thousands of people over the years, and not one lets out the secret. Just face it, the Pats are a really good team. Get that through some of your thick skulls.

Yes...as much as I hate to admit it...they are a really good team. I have said that luck has been on their side and that the ball usually bounces their way but they are a good team. They're 14-2...what a great record. Miami's 10-6 record would probably have won them the division any other year but not this year!!! I could see the Pats and Eagles in the Superbowl.

The Eagles have home field again...yep...again so I can't see them screw it up this time!!!

The Pats have a great chance to get in. The only thing is...that the talent and teams in the AFC are much better than the NFC...so I think that the Pats will have a tougher time than the Eagles but the Pats are home and its tough to play up in NE.

We'll see!!!

what about the dolphins going 9-7? lol jk.

Last year's postseason saw 4 teams who could arguably go from the entire league... the final championship teams each could have gone. This year, twice as many teams have some outstanding feature that could lead to a run for glory.
Even the worst teams in the postseason have some aspect of strength (defense, offense skil stars, or special teams) to make it.
The NFC has some tough teams, Holmgren's system returns to face Favre, the master is now the student!
Dallas has a championship caliber D, but is incosistent in other areas.
The Rams have a tremendous O and domefield up to the last game if the Eagles can't keep their turf...
Carolina has a monstrous D but will their gritty O show up?
AFC teams have two dangerous underdogs from the West- Vermeil as an underdog is better than as a favborite for betting reasons.
Shannahan in Devner has a team that is peaking despit massive injuries to defensive stars. His O is ready to step up, rested and fresh and his system is intact.
The North team has a run game and D stars and has taken a tough game to the CHiefs already.
The SOuth has two explosive O's looking for their groove late. The COlts D is looking for Freeney's groove, and the titan's Kearse has been a no-show of late. One of those teams could be upper level if their star D man finds a groove to take pressure off their QB's.
Then there is New England, with a great vet D and homefield. Despite being one dimensional on O their special teams can be quite an edge.
The very top teams from an overall standpoint are Philly and GB for the NFC. The AFC really has more to look for in the dark horse teams. The south has great stars to lead their teams, the west has one team peaking and the other coming apart but their great vet coach(Vermeil) can smooth the course. The Ravens have enough core players from a superbowl team of winners to match their young contributors. The pats have homefield...and a lot of snowballs.
Time to do it to it. Go for the teams with great run games in weather. The Ravens,Indy, either west team... KC is the main underdog with no run stop ability out of this.
The pats run game leaves much to be desired, will it be their undoing? Will they need one or will teams mistake their way to losses there? Terrific matchups across the board for fans to see!

You can count the amount of teams that have gained over 100yard rushing against us on 1 finger. IIRC, only one team posted over 100rushing yards, and that was denver...and they lost when we played in their stadium. They are the most likely candidate I think to come to New England, and we'll shut em down.

Also, as for our rushing attack. We rushed for more yards total than the teams we played. Thats a good enough balance for our offense. Also, the Patriots combined rushing yards is almost 1300. If that came from 1 guy instead of 3 there would be no reason to complain. Sure we would love to see the Patriots draft a good running back, but we don't need one to run the offense. We just need to rush occasionally...which is what we have been doing and succeeding as well while doing it.

Denver can play in snow well also... their defense has a lot of injuries and still fins ways to win. Shannahan has a wilc card- plummer's mobility can make big plays vs. any scheme.
Denver has a great pass catch TE to force teams to honor the play pass, a terrific screen block OL to work teams who go max covers, and the outside WR speed to challenge straight up man covers.

New England's strentgh is still the pass game, on both sides of the ball. With Gene Wilson the Pats can go standard front vs. Spread sets and use their front 7 to stop the run and passblitz. Or they can go nickle and have an extra cb playing FS to give them more cover switch iptions on the blitz, especially to unbaclanced spread sets that would feature 3 wide "trips" formations.
Harrison is like an extra LB, giving them 8 in the box, or 7 in the box vs. the spread and a player whose angles and pursuit help cover the extra space that a nickle cover "box" would include...
RB by committee can work, but look at the run yards vs. true playoff teams (or those with D at such level) and not any dropoff that occurs. This is the next level...
Perhaps all of the WR who have sat will be back fresh, the special teams will be reinvigorated with Brown on punts to match bethels's kick returns. It could be an advantage for a team focused and coached well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by F150&Dolfan
I don't believe this personally and would quit watching football and get rid of all my Dolphin stuff it this were true. However I'm going to humor you guys with a couple of things I have noticed during Patriot games on CBS.

1. During the Miami vs New England game in Foxboro at one point where they were coming back from a commercial break Randy Cross said,"Welcome back to Gillette Stadium where the Patriots lead the Dolphins 12-0 OH I mean 3-0." This was in the first quarter when the Pats actually did lead Miami 3-0.

Do I think Randy Cross is an idiot and probably just screwed up the score?????? Yes I do. in fact I think Randy cross is about the worst commentator you could have to put up with during a football game. However the fact that the final score to the game ended up being 12-0 got me and a couple of people I work with thinking.

2. This was today and I'm wondering if anybody else noticed it. At the very begining of today's Patriots vs Bills matchup they showed Gillette stadium and the Buffalo Bills vs New England Patriots picture as we joined the telecast. The only problem was that instead of a Bills logo next to the Buffalo Bills for some strange reason it said the Buffalo Bills but the Denver Broncos Logo was the one next to the name.

Mistake probably!!!!! However If everything remains exactly the same as it is right now Denver will be playing @ Indy next week. If they happen to beat the Colts guess were they would play next?????? That's right @ Foxboro to take on the Patriots.

I don't believe, or want to believe, that the NFL is fixed in favor of the Pats but find these incidents a little odd, especially if Denver is indeed in Foxboro in 2 weeks. Now I know what some of you guys are thinking that if football was fixed why wouldn't they have given Dan Marino a SB ring or given those great Bills teams of the early 90's just one SB win. the theory I've heard has to do with the Pats and the state of the country.

I don't think anyone hates the Pats more than I do. W/ that said, you need to put the crack pipe down dude. Not good for you....

Actually, there are all kinds of points-shaving scandals in basketball(pro and NCAA), the gambling fiasco at BC, the Chicago Black Sox, nearly every boxing event for the past 15 years, pete Rose(not admitted)...

Conspiracies happen in sports. You don't neccesarily need the refs on your side. One looks at a major player in the NBA who suffers through a terrible shooting night even though he had wide open shots and you really have to wonder. A pitcher can throw a game by serving up meat to every batter and hope that his offense does crap. Same w/ a goalie, hockey or soccer.

Actually, I don't doubt that some soccer games are fixed. Their fans are so rabid that I don't doubt for a minute that some games have more riding on them than one would think.

I mean, in the Big East Tournament last year, Troy Bell(BC) was playing as if he had been paid to lose. He was playing terribly and the defense wasn't even all that good.

For some reason, a lot of people did not believe that baseball was filled w/ steroid abuse until the Caminiti and Canseco quotes were made national. Steroids are simply another way of cheating, on the same level as fixing the game. I think people simply don't want to accept some things about the sports they cherish.

For the record, there is no Patriots conspiracy, unless you count the one to make me miserable. This ties in w/ the Yankee conspiracy, although the Patriots can never hope to achieve the hatred of the NYY. Now, I strongly believe that there is a conspiracy by the umpires(and most definitely announcers) to help the Yankees. I don't think it can really be argued against that the popular teams get favorable calls and favorable commentary.

Pats play almost evrdey game close. Granted, they win but one berak the other way vs a good team could end that. it's not like they are blowing out teams (Buffalo excluded). This is the new NFL, nothing is guaranteed. Lots of #1 seeds have lost in the playoffs. Only time will tell.

That being said, I would say that NE gets an inordinate amount of breaks. Isn't it funny that fans of EVERY team see it except for the Pats fans. Maybe they are too busy beating up school teachers in the parking lot.

Here is a fix for ya' all. The home run derby in baseball between McGuire and Sosa a few years back. I can not tell you how many pitchers threw soft pitches at those guys...

:bry:

Having said that I think Sosa is a scum bag. Practice bat???? Gimme a break...Its funny how easy he got off too.

I just started this thread as food for thought. I really don't think football is fixed, which I clearly stated several times in my post. It's unbelievable how some people jump on you for posting this stuff even though you state in your post that you don't believe it. This thread is entertainment that mixes some odd coincidences and a running joke me and a few of my friends have. Chill out guys football is not fixed.

Back
Top Bottom