Conspiracy Plot Thickens!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Conspiracy Plot Thickens!!!

Originally posted by Prime Time
Soemtimes, I think the same way. Sometimes I feel the NFL is rigged. I started a thread like this last year, after we lost to NE. I mean a QB Tom Brady in 2001, who noone had heard of replaces the awesome Drew Bledsoe who was being paid 100 million and out of nowhere leads this team to a SB victory, right after we are all "Patriotic". BS.

How about the AFC championship game that followed? The "Tuck Rule" BS?

I guess it could be possible to pay refs to "TRY" to change the outcome of a game, but to think that the games are fixed to the exact score is just impossible. Players get pissed off all the time, and a player that gets pissed would have too much leverage over the league.
Another game that makes ya wonder though is the Saints game last week. If someone was willing to wager a million or so dollars he may pay someone to try and cover his bet, what better player to pay than the kicker. I mean really, the play of the year on the last play of the game to tie it, and then the kicker misses the PAT?? Come on.
That is not the only time this year where kickers have changed the outcome. Think about the first Panther/Bucs game. The bucs kicker had not missed a PAT since 1999. He misses two PATs and a FG. The last PAT was with 12 sec left that would have won the game. Or what about the first NE/Fins game, Mare misses two EASY kicks to win the game. Makes ya wonder but I could believe someone could pay a kicker quicker than to think the whole league is fixed.

Pay the holder to mess up.... LACES OUT... ace ventura was on againt his week, always worth a laugh... :)

Something for all you conspiracy theorist.

Do you know how many people would have to be involved to fix a game? I mean honestly, do you know? Hundreds. For that to happen on a regular basis would mean the NFL would be involved with thousands of people over the years to fix games.

Now ask yourselves what are the chances that thousands of people would be able to keep that secret?

Yet no one hasw ever stepped forward with claims of being part of this mass conspiracy.

Sorry guys, I wish I could blame some of our terrible play on paid officials, or NFL consiracy. Fact is we just suck.

I do believe there is some incompetent officiating out there and the League is a joke at times, but not fixed.

fin-atic is right, but to fix a game it would only take the refs to do it not the players, it's still a lot of people involved but think about how many late flags are thrown that screw up long drives or TD plays. Remember Refs, coaches and players admit that there is holding on every play. A penalty(s) at the right time or bad call on fumbles that th Ref takes a chance on replay not being conclusive to over turn could and has determinded the outcome of games in the past. something to think about, but unlikely.

Like i said, "I DO NOT BELEIVE THE GAME IS RIGGED".

What about the NBA? Its so obvious when a big-market wins(LA Lakers) to roll in the dough. You see foul calls that shouldnt have been called and vice versa. Heat-Knicks games? Oh ya, those were bad. I remember all of them, and they all ended the same(playoff series). ChambersOwnz84 might tell u a thing or two about that.

Games are not fixed.

The logistics of it all make it an impossibility.

Re: Re: Conspiracy Plot Thickens!!!

Originally posted by DolFan31

Sometimes I wonder..but in the end we will never really know for sure.

I agree. I however, don't think Lee Harvey acted on his own. :D

Originally posted by fin-atic
Something for all you conspiracy theorist.

Do you know how many people would have to be involved to fix a game? I mean honestly, do you know? Hundreds. For that to happen on a regular basis would mean the NFL would be involved with thousands of people over the years to fix games.

Now ask yourselves what are the chances that thousands of people would be able to keep that secret?

Yet no one hasw ever stepped forward with claims of being part of this mass conspiracy.

Sorry guys, I wish I could blame some of our terrible play on paid officials, or NFL consiracy. Fact is we just suck.

I do believe there is some incompetent officiating out there and the League is a joke at times, but not fixed.

That is exactly right guys. It would take ALL the players, the coaches, the announcers, and even the cameramen. If there is totally bogus stuff going on, they can't be able to catch it on their camera's.Now, I know the ref's don't always go by what the camera shows, but honestly if there was fixed stuff going on, the camera would show it every down.

I don'tw atn to think abot it being fixed, and I've thought about it from time to time, but it just doesn't make sense. Maybe all the subs on the sidelines wouldn't need to be in on it, but the franchise players would have to be. And think of people like T-Davis. Inury eneded his career..if he were part of a mass conspiracy to fix games, I think he'd be a little honked about being cut out of the NFL with an "injury" and he would talk.

Just my 2 cents anyway, I could always be wrong. I think officials are paid off though...

Originally posted by Graythreat

That is exactly right guys. It would take ALL the players, the coaches, the announcers, and even the cameramen. If there is totally bogus stuff going on, they can't be able to catch it on their camera's.Now, I know the ref's don't always go by what the camera shows, but honestly if there was fixed stuff going on, the camera would show it every down.

I don'tw atn to think abot it being fixed, and I've thought about it from time to time, but it just doesn't make sense. Maybe all the subs on the sidelines wouldn't need to be in on it, but the franchise players would have to be. And think of people like T-Davis. Inury eneded his career..if he were part of a mass conspiracy to fix games, I think he'd be a little honked about being cut out of the NFL with an "injury" and he would talk.

Just my 2 cents anyway, I could always be wrong. I think officials are paid off though...
well then if officals are paid off then it would be fixed correct??

Super Bowl 3 made the NFL what it is now.

If anything was paid or fixed to help the Jets win it was that game. I'm not saying it was, but the NFL knew they needed the AFL to win a Super Bowl to keep interest in the league.

The players would never go for it, along with all the coaches. So the only ones to fix would be the officials. Think about it, if a player continues to screw up any coach in the league would yank him and play someone else right?

Oh wait, Wanny has never done this so I guess it's POSSIBLE.

CONSPIRACY

There is no conspiracy. In fact with the Buffalo-New England game they did show Denver's logo next to Buffalo but next to New England was Green Bays logo.
Why don't you just admit that the Pats are the better team and have worked hard to get where they are today. That is what seperates the Pats from everyone else, a good work ethic.

The Pats are not a better team. They just have a MASTERMIND running the team. The Players are not even close in talent compared to the Phins or many other teams across the league. But the Coach is one of the best of making 11 men play as ONE!!!!

Hats off to the Pats....Congrats on Winning the AFC EAST!!!

I believe they stopped fixing games right after the 1972 season.
It got too complicated to keep the fix in so they decided to play it straight. Anything from around 1960 (AFL beginning) to 1972 is suspect. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom