Corey Jenkins is the Joint! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Corey Jenkins is the Joint!

APhinnity

Scout Team
Reaction score
Barring injury, he'll make the team. He's already the fastest linebacker we have and the guy is an absolute playmaker. The only reason he's a project is because his athletic ability allows him to do so many different things well. Personally, I can't wait to see him out there 'cause I know he's going to excel.

I cant wait to see all these guys. they are all very intrigueing. i just like seeing Linemen drafted. for once, i think we will have a very solidified line with very capable backups. i think the whitley kid makes it cus he is smart and knows mckinney real good (play well together)and is a road grader. wade smith is very intelligent with great athleticism. we may have a lot of projects, but isnt willis macgahee a project?:lol: :lol: hell dealing with his slimeball agent is a project in and of itself!

Hey, I totally agree. Whitley seems like a 2nd Jamie Nails; similar size, the ability to pull, and big-time run-blocking ability. I'll bet Ricky is more excited than all of us!

Never said that he was as good a football player as Jamie Nails; in terms of size and strength, however, it does "SEEM" that he compares favorably even if he doesn't make the team.

I actually liked the Jenkins pick...

I'm not sure that he is the best fit at LB...but I am certainly willing to keep him around for a few years to find out...

LB depth was a problem.

Absolutely honest breakdown of

our picks...based on what I have seen...

Eddie Moore - didn't really like it...but I'm not sure that's fair. I watched some Tennesee ball...but he didn't really stand out to me.

Wade Smith - I like it...I just don't think he is ready for a year or two.

Taylor Whitley - I don't know enough about him or have seen him to make a judgement.

Donald Lee - Like him...I've seen him play and knew about him before the draft.

J.R. Tolver - Product of the system? There are a lot of receivers that I certainly liked better....including maybe his teammate Osgood.

Tim Provost - Crapshoot...Don't know enough to make a judgement.

Corey Jenkins - I like it and I'm familiar with him...again we are probably waiting 2-3 years for an impact though...I hope we give him the time.

Yeremiah Bell - Crapshoot...who would I kid to say I know anything about him...although he is the kinda of player that you sometimes hit with...a guy who was out with injury, but seems to be back now...kinda of reminds me of Arturo Freeman in that way.

Davern Williams - Crapshoot...when you are not even the best player on a Troy State DL...could it be anything else.

O.K. we didn't draft Ronald Bellamy but we signed him as a free agent...he has holes...but he might suprise...I haven't liked an undrafted free agent we have signed for years...so let's see if this one makes it.

Hoffman: You didn't like Wally Ogunleye? Undrafted FA 2000 I believe.

At the time he was signed...

I'm not talking about how they wound up...Hendricks has turned out pretty good too...

usually Miami doesn't seem to go for the name undrafted free agents...Belllamy is a bit of a switch from that.

well, I think 6 rookies will make the team...
Smith,Whitley,Lee,Moore,Jenkins and Tolver(all he does is catch passes)Jenkins is the guy we haven't have since Crash Jensen imo.

My take is this I basically almost killed my TV on Sat, But I woke up sunday understanding that the Dolphins Analyst get paid for a reason and they should know what they are doing but we will wait and see

My guess is that

the first three picks will make it, then Lee and Jenkins....maybe
Bell goes to the PS while he heals.

Things to like about Corey Jenkins...

1. He knows what professional sports are all about. If he doesn't make the team or doesn't do well, it will not be because he is taking a lacidaisical approach to the sport. This is a BIG plus. Maturity factor high.

2. No medical problems. Rare in today's NFL. I think most of our draft picks have at least SOME. This guy graded 6 out of 6 medical.

3. He runs a 4.6 which qualifies him to play any of our three linebacker positions.

4. He runs that 4.6, at 230 lbs. WOOOT.

5. He's smart. After playing QB all through high school and JUCO, the kid absorbed the entire defensive scheme within two weeks with the coaches having enough confidence in him to start him 2 weeks after he started a game as QB, as a safety against the likes of Clemson and Florida.

6. Best for last. He packs a wallop. In the two games he played as a safety for the first time ever probably, the dude recorded 10 tackles which included some real train wreck hits, making it not surprising that in only 2 games as a safety he had 2 forced fumbles.

Overall, I think I like his chances of becoming a contributor on the team more than Yeremiah Bell or Donald Lee, more than JR Tolver and Davern Williams. And as such, this is a dude that we've had targeted on our radar probably longer than anyone else we drafted. This is a guy that a looong time ago, our coaches pretty much said "We're drafting him. He'll probably last way into the 6th or 7th, but we're getting him" And to assure that, they even moved up to get the dude.

I think he'll become like, Tommy Hendricks Plus. Our backup at three linebacker positions, special teams ace...with the ability to pack a punch.

I still can't get over the fact...

that a poster called him the joint.

I know I am not hip...

but what does that exactly mean...is it a good thing?

:lol:

I thought it was bell who said he was

92%...but in anycase...yeah that was kind of weird...

will he let us know when he is 96.3% o.k...

because that is what I am waiting for.

Back
Top Bottom