Corey Moore | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Corey Moore

It is amazing where a conversation starts and where it ends. Very few of the responses I have read have anything whatsoever to do with my initial question, which means it probably was a boring question. Sorry guys.

Lee2000

Lee, a lot of people are just flaming right now, so a reasonable post like yours is just going to get thrown to the wolves. Keep posting and hopefully the garbage will be filtered soon enough.

On Moore that is a good question. In college he was very similar to Derrick Rogers, a linebacker playing end 95% of the time. Like Rogers, Moore was outstanding at the college level and wasw the key player on a surprising defense that had an undefeated regular season.
Now to weather he would be used right that is a question. Rogers, who was best used as a pass rusher in college, has basicly been used as a cover linebacker. Moore has similar size and skills and possibly might not be allowed to use his skill in the same matter.

Zack 15 games 117 tackles (his high being 120 tackles) only 38 assisted for a 7.8 avg per game. 3 sacks, 2 Interceptions last year with one going for a TD.

Cowart's best year ever. 12 games 88 tackles but 41 of them assisted with 6 sacks and 2 interceptions.

Fletchers best year ever. 16 games 106 tackles for a 6.6 avg per game. 6 sacks and 4 Int's 1 forced fumble.

So Cowarts a non issue. Fletcher has put together 2 very good seasons the last 2 years. Only question is how he will do in a new system and what the Bills expect him to do. Do they plan on blitzing him alot like he has the last 2 years or will they expect him to be more of a pass covering LB like Zach?

Hi! I'm a Bills fan, looking for something to do in the off season. I am not much into smack. Once in a while I get into it back on BBI, but only rarely. Most of the time I just like to talk football. Now on to the subject at hand.

Corey Moore is going to be a challenge for any defensive coordinator. He is very athletic but since he doesn't fit the normal measurables for any position, I don't think a defensive coordinator can just plug him in. A role almost has to be designed especially for him. Zack Thomas is short and a little light for a MLB but he succeeds at it admirably. Moore is even shorter (I think) and lighter. It has yet to be seen whether he can be an outside linebacker. If the Dolphins figure out how to use him, more power to them.

I think Moore would only be useful in the type of D that allows him to play a "Derrick Thomas position" as a pass rushing end. He's a big liability against the run, but is so quick & fast that he could potentially give OT's fits.

If a D coordinator doesn't want him in that type of position, I don't think he can do much else. Similar to how Bryce Paup was Defensive MVP of the league w/ the Bills the one year in the 3-4D, but after he went to the Jags, did nothing in their 4-3 scheme.

Moore will have to fit in somewhere or be cut since he is our 7th LB and I expect that we will only carry 6. His best shot is to be a better STs player than the other 3 which will tough in the case of Russell and Hendricks (our leading ST tackler) since they have been pretty good. Gaylon has the most experience and can play all 3 LB spots. Moore was signed after Rodgers was injured I think so he will have to fight for a spot

Ya Moore is in for quite a battle. We don't blitz our LBs much at all, mostly sending them into coverage, so we don't really utilize his strength as a defender. Will that change this year? We will have to wait and see, but if the season were to start today, he would be on the outside looking in.

Ya, it's a shame really, because the guy obviously has some talent. Too bad he didn't have the weight of Freeney to play end.(although I am on record as thinking Freeney will amount to nothing in the NFL, el-busto....doesn't mean he will be tho).

I'd love to give Moore a chance to get after apposing QBs....especially pocket QBs on teams that have cut him before....lol

I agree Bod-

Freeney's probably going to be a bust (unless Dungy puts him in a "derrick thomas" position & have him be the centerpiece of that D)

Back
Top Bottom