Cory Chaveous | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cory Chaveous

mtgrizrich..........

Originally posted by mtgrizrich
What do my fellow Miami fans know about him and his odds of coming here?:happydrin :happydrin :happydrin

I haven't heard that we're having any discussions with his agent about a possible contract. I tend to think if we aren't able to resign Brock to a contract then we'll be in the market for a FS. The most talked about safeties that have been mentioned/rumored in regards to possibly pursuing. I think that Corey Chavous is a good quality safety with great instincts, and seems to always be around the football. I've watched him play a couple of games and was overall impressed with his instinctiveness on the field. Oh, I almost forgot, welcome to the board mtgrizrich:cool:

I wasn't aware that Chavous played safety. I thought he played right cornerback exclusively. How often did he play safety??

Chavous

has always projected better to safety than cornerback...I think that he played safety a lot at Vanderbilt.

Thanks for the welcome aqua&orange54. Now to you all, doany of you know why aren't talking to him? I would just as soon see Brock come back myself, but are we comfortable with the safeties we have coming back?

Yes

Originally posted by RHoffman
has always projected better to safety than cornerback...I think that he played safety a lot at Vanderbilt.

Yes, I know that. I have commented on his potential at safety before (teaming with Freeman).

But again, I have never seen him there in the NFL. I've only seen him at RCB. Because of his size, he usually does well with big WRs.

But I still want to know when he played safety this year.

All I know about Cory Chaveous is that it sounds like a really bad crotch rash.....aaagghhh!:rolleyes: Example: (I was running the Boston Marathon and picked up a bad case of Cory Chaveous" Sounds contagious doesn't it?

I heard Buffalo was looking at him pretty hard, so I don't know what kind of salary he would demand.

Anyone know where we are with the salary cap. I thought that I saw somewhere where Miami was only 2.5 mil under the cap. Does this include money to sign draft picks as well? I guess I thought with all the restructing of contracts that we were better off than that.

Originally posted by mtgrizrich
What do my fellow Miami fans know about him and his odds of coming here?:happydrin :happydrin :happydrin
I think of the 2, Walker will be missed more than B - Marion, C- Chavous would be an upgrade being he is a better run tackler, but I think Marion has a little better nose for the ball when it come to interceptions. Chavous is starting his 5th season while Marion will be starting his 10th , It would be nice to have Marion back, but not at what his contract (before being released) stipulated he was to be paid this season! And the Jillybobs need dire help in the secondary so it wouldn't surprise me to see them sign Chavous at a rdiculously inflated cap #,,, I thought Donahoe was a better GM than he has shown himself to be, I guess when you get involved with an organization that is situated in a city deemed the bowling capital of the world, all the intelligence you came in with - gets destroyed by their fan base !!!!!
:lol: :lol: Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom