Could Dolphins Get Defensive In This Draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Dolphins Get Defensive In This Draft?

if a trade down occurs, it will lead to more trading down.

w/o a trade, we take Braylon.

with trades, I think Saban will go D early and often. a RB in the 2nd or 3rd and a QB later, but D most other picks.

I am pretty much in favor of BPA and if that means more defense so be it. If we trade down to washingtons picks or minnesota's picks I would expect the first one to be offense and the second one to be defense but I would be excited about any quality players off or def. Just like we got used to Marino and high powered offenses I have gotten used to such stout defenses over the last so many years. If we got merriman and d johnson or a cb and d johnson or merriman and a cb or spears i would be pretty excited about having a top notch defense for years to come. The only difference being that we would be more emotionally or mentally tough this time around.

we've got 3 picks in the 1st 3 rounds. if Saban can somehow get that number up to 6, and then use 4 on D and 2 on O, we'd be set for years to come. esp. knowing Saban is here for at 5 years and will be improving this team each year through the draft and FA.

His Dudeness said:
IFs and buts and candy nuts folks... the fact is we haven't traded down, and probably won't. So, with that, i don't think there's any way we draft defense with #2. I really believe it will be Ronnie Brown. Then in the second round, people will drop, as the so often do... saban will pick up a nice defensive player at #46. Probably Linebacker or Safety.
"HISDUDENESS" should change his name to "HISWRONGNESS"! We will be trading down some way some how, we really don't have a choice, WE HAVE TO TRADE DOWN!! It is not an option. Something will happen some team will get a hard on for some player and Saban will make a move. No we won't get the kind of value on the so-called trade charts but we will get a fair deal and end up getting 3 players for the price of what 1 player would cost us at the #2 spot. There is so much depth in this draft that we really wouldn't be missing out by doing so.:wink:

Some people just never learn. This team opened last year with arguably the worst offense in NFL HISTORY, and went 4-12 because it couldn't move the ball consistently against a strong breeze, let alone any average NFL defense. We have spent the last 10 years putting every last penny of cap $$$ into defense and following the moronic personnel strategies of jimmah and wannabe who would try to win every game 3-0 if they could, and have wound up with exactly ZERO, in other words, NONE, of those championships that defense is supposed to cause a team to win, ACCORDING TO THE DELUSIONAL FANTASIES OF SOME PEOPLE. ANYONE with any expertise whatsoever in NFL personnel matters will universally admit (and have been saying so) that the Miami Dolphins are absolutely devoid of anything resembling an impact offensive player, to the degree that neither ABC or ESPN wants anything to do with televising us in prime-time next year despite our new coach because of our lack of discernible star-power on offense.

And you guys want to spend our first 3 picks on more defense.

:roflmao:

Saban has gotten it right on defense so far. Get cheap players and coach and teach 'em up to play your defensive plan. He has ADDRESSED the defense they way it should be addressed. That is where you go cheap.

Now let's get some IMPACT OFFENSE. And be willing to pay the $$$ for it.

Agreed. If we can trade down, we'll probobly go defensive minded. Otherwise we'll have to draft one of the premiere offensive guys and hopefully attract a trade.

I can't wait to see what this team looks like in a couple years under Saban.

If Minnesota trades up with us then we could be looking at drafting a CB with the 18th pick. Maybe a Carlos Rogers or Pac-Man Jones with the 18th. It's doubtful that Antrelle Rolle with be on the board that late.

My mock had us trading with Minny ... if we end up trading down with Washington then it is even more likely in my eyes that we end up with DJ with the #9

Back
Top Bottom