Could it be a Worse Season for Fans? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could it be a Worse Season for Fans?

Finland

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With all the change and rebuilding, coupled with a week secondary, is there not a chance it could be a harder season to bear that 2004. Perhaps we stop the run better but give up huge game changing plays.

Will there be about the same number of wins but the losses will be by greater margins?

For a note, I am a positive person and understand a positive outlook in all I do. This is what I was thinking immediately after reading the Saban interview. I don't quite understand how his article took be from a 8-8 season thinking to this. He is a great speaker.

Does anyone else think it could be a tougher season or did the article just hit me wrong

As long as Wanny isnt the coach, we will have a better season this year then last. Plus Saban has more football knowledge then the standpoint Wanny.

:confused:

No way we go 4-12 again. Better coaching (understatement of the century), better talent, more depth.

Besides, there have been NUMEROUS threads about our predicted record.

Oh yeah you took it wrong ... Saban is expecting to win the Superbowl this year ... which is why he was saying dont expect too much in his sophomore season cause he cant guarantee a repeat. :D:D:D:D

How could it be worse?? we got rid of Wanny and Ears. :)

Wanny the Idiot. That is so funny....all you had to do is say that. He was such an organization killer. Thanks for making me see some light doctor.

Hopefully we can knock the hell out of opposing QB's and get by with weaker corners.

Finland said:
Hopefully we can knock the hell out of opposing QB's and get by with weaker corners.

See, this is what you have to keep in mind. Last year and all throughout the Wanny years, our corners were relied upon individually to play well. They were put on an island and told not to get beat while the front seven scheme was the most vanilla in the whole league.

The reason the Patriots were able to get away with having Troy Brown and Randall Gay at corner was because of the Bellichick system. Creativeness along the front seven, with a premium put on rushing the passer.

And that is what Saban is bringing here. The corners will be helped greatly by the system.

Besides, it's not like we have NOBODY at corner. Sam Madison is still Sam Madison, Reggie Howard started at corner for the Panthers in their superbowl run, and Travis Daniels is a really good player who knows the Saban system already.

"Besides, there have been NUMEROUS threads about our predicted record.
"

I am not talking about our record even though I stated some noumbers, I am talking about if the season could be hard on fans that pride themselves that we were IN most games.

PS I make posts when I have something to ask, no need to remind me about threads that have already been covered. Further, such a question is an ever changing landscape with every change that takes place.

OK Dolphin Devil,

some good points there.
I agree.

I don't live by the illusion that rebuilding involves suffering. I don't see why we're rebuilding so we have to have a bad season. We can still do well this season, perhaps make the playoffs and rebuild at the same time.

I agree with you. I love the fins and the new staff and personel as much as the next guy but until they prove it to me on the field there is every chance in the world that we could go 2-14 next year. The odds are with the changes made that we will do better, but playing against yourself in mini camps is different then playing against playoff teams when it counts.

Yes we got rid of wandstet and Fiedler, but that doesn't guarentee us any more wins. It just means that things are different. I have all the faith in the world we will do well, how well when it comes down to W's and L's is yet to be seen.

As far as getting burned in the secondary, yeah its gonna happen but hopefully we can limit it and with the new packages add a little more pressure. We are running a new offense and Defense this year. So there will be growing/changing pains associated with that. Hopefully we can get rid of all of that before the season starts but some of it will trickle over. Here's for hoping that we overachieve (what ever that means) :happydrin

Dude we are all so stoked right now, it really doesnt matter! The new era is here, we have a plan, a dedicated coach! Grantit we have one of the worse schedules in the league, we are gonna be awesome this year................and even thou we had the worst record since 69, we had a coach quit, a team didnt know there a$$ from a whole in the ground, just relax, we will be fine!~

:wink:

I think it'll be a difficult season for some fans who have unrealistic expectations. Saban is not a miracle worker, and the team is going to struggle, if the QB play does not dramatically improve I think 4-12 could happen again. I think the team will be much better at the end of the year then they are at the start. If Saban gets 8 wins out of this team I think he should be coach of the year.

djfresh47 said:
I think it'll be a difficult season for some fans who have unrealistic expectations. Saban is not a miracle worker, and the team is going to struggle, if the QB play does not dramatically improve I think 4-12 could happen again. I think the team will be much better at the end of the year then they are at the start. If Saban gets 8 wins out of this team I think he should be coach of the year.

He should if he gets us 8 wins but he won't theres no glamour in that. If he gets us into the playoffs then he's a shoe in. Sucks but thats the way it always ends up

Back
Top Bottom