could jim tressell possibly be lured away from OSU? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

could jim tressell possibly be lured away from OSU?

SuperMarksBros.

Formerly Fiedler for MVP
Reaction score
it seems as though stoops is a pipe dream. although guys say they arent going anywhere all the time, only to leave(see: ben howland ;)). but i digress...

tressell has won on every level, and generally has his teams ready to play big games. they always seem prepared, and are very disciplined. it also seems as though they love the guy and would run through a brick wall for him.

the miami head coaching job is ready made. we have a top defense, one of the best rb's in football, and a star WR in the making...yeah, we have problems but they're probably a product of head coaching more than anything...heck, look a the jobs parcells, bellicheck, and john fox have done with less talent.

any thoughts? am i out to lunch on this one? i personally believe that the miami dolphin head coaching position is amongst the most coveted in sports...am i wrong?

I agree college coaches would be too big a risk with such a slam dunk type coaching position. we need someone who knows the NFL game and can manipulate the team just a bit. Thats all they would need to get to the promissed land.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
I agree college coaches would be too big a risk with such a slam dunk type coaching position.

that's what the OSU faithful said when he was brought in from division II...the guy is a flat out winner

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
that's what the OSU faithful said when he was brought in from division II...the guy is a flat out winner

At the college level he's a winner. That's doesn't automatically mean he'll do it at the NFL level.....

Just ask S. Spurrier, B. Davis, M. Riley, P. Carroll, ect....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

but great assistants dont automatically translate into great head coaches either...

Just ask our current head coach ;)

there's always a risk, but this guy's a motivator and a stategizer...reminds me of bellicheck and gruden...the past two SB champion head coaches ;)

I think Tressell is a very good coach, and would be fine if he came. The reality of it is he will not leave OSU, at least not yet. He is an Ohio guy and when he got he job he said it was his dream job. I just can't see him leaving OSu were he gets all the players he wants, plays a few big games a year, and has the job security few experience because of his Nat'l Championship last year.
I normally agree that college coaches are not the way to go, but i would take Tressell.
Problem: He is DEF not coming.......

I would NOT want Tressel. He is the Marty Schottenheimer of college.
Yeah, the guy wins, but you think the offense is boring now??

As hard as it may be to believe, this guy is more conservative than Wanny.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
I would NOT want Tressel. He is the Marty Schottenheimer of college.
Yeah, the guy wins, but you think the offense is boring now??

As hard as it may be to believe, this guy is more conservative than Wanny.

Very Nice Point!

Tressell is a good coach but I don’t think the Dolphins will pursue him because of character issues. He’s the guy who only suspended the LB who choked another player out of game for a couple of games when the player should have been thrown off the team. He also said he didn’t read about Clarett’s problems when he obviously knew about them. Not to mention that a group of his players were involved in a property damage and assault case a month back. I don’t remember hearing about any of them sitting out of games.

It’s been said that Don Shula wanted Marty Schottenheimer to replace him so I hope that he doesn’t get his way this time around.

Back
Top Bottom