Could Junior Seau stay through 2006? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Junior Seau stay through 2006?

Saban says he'll keep any man he thinks is valuable to the team. If he does good this year I could see him playing for afew more years.

I could see him sticking around for a few reasons.

1) He has still got it - hunger and talent.

2) He is a big guy and can be good in the hybrid... can play inside and out.

3) If he is uninjured, why would he stop?

If he can be productive and stay healthy I would love to have that skill and knowledge on our team through 2006 but personally I think this is his last year as a Dolphin and last year as a player. Boy would he be a great LB coach for our young guys after he retires.

I think he's an asset to the team. He could very well be here an additional year if he stays healthy and both he and Saint Nick find him productive. It's funny, he hasn't been here long but he fits in so well with the team it feels like he's been here forever.

Nicky Napoleon said:
I really dont see Seau here in 2006, its nothing against Junior its just that we have added alot of young talent at LB. Spragan may step up and be a very good player, then you have Zach(not young but good none the less), Crowder, Moore, and Pope. Now I realize that some of these guys dont really fit the new system so we will have to see if some of them are let go.
I would take Seau over Moore and Pope for next year. If we are going to more 3/4-4/3 defenses, Seau has the size that these guys lack. Moore and Pope are left over from the Wanny era. Judging by how Saban drafted, I highly doubt Saban would have drafted Pope or Moore as high as he was.

If the fins have made strides and look good going into 07' Jr does comes back.

I dont think Seau would ever come back to coach in any place other than San Diego.. His heart is still in San Diego, as well as his family and home.

Static387 said:
Seau is the man! Lets keep him around as long as he wants. I hope he ends up a LB coach for the Fins when he hangs up his pads.[/QUOTE

Can only keep him if he is productive, but I really like the coaching ideal!

He and Montana are my all time favorite players. I may not like him now being a fin, but after everything is said and done, in my eyes, one of the greatest warriors ever.

"I have failed more than I have succeeded" Jr. Seau.

One of the best to ever play his position and yet very humble.

SkapePhin said:
I dont think Seau would ever come back to coach in any place other than San Diego.. His heart is still in San Diego, as well as his family and home.
Took the words right from my mouth.

Back
Top Bottom